By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Justice is served! MGR first week beat DmC first month!

Rafux said:

And I also called JUSTICE because poor Platinum (former Clover) keeps releasing great games but never sold well enough.

Poor argument. The exact same thing can be argued about Ninja Theory

Around the Network
Byrand said:

On Revengeance difficulty, the ninja kill will be the warrior's truest friend.

No, the blue wig is the warrior's truest friend xDDD

BasilZero said:

“Solid Snake is dead. Big Boss is dead. Raiden should be dead,” he states in this week’s Famitsu magazine, “The Metal Gear canon ends here.”

And if anyone bothered playing the game, they would realize it is canon too... ;_;

ethomaz said:
Wright said:
But then...why is not a Metal Gear game?

How I can explain to you...

What define a Metal Gear game? Or better what the Metal Gear defined in the history of the videogames? An unique style, a new genre focused in stealth... a action-stealth game.

Rising is not a action-stealth game and didn't feel like one... so it lacks the main and most important factor af a Metal Gear game.

It's like to make a FPS Stree Fighter game lol lol lol

They stated that from the beginning. I mean why do some still complain about this??? It wasn´t suppose to be like the other Metal gear games.

Tbone said:
ethomaz said:
Wright said:
But then...why is not a Metal Gear game?

How I can explain to you...

What define a Metal Gear game? Or better what the Metal Gear defined in the history of the videogames? An unique style, a new genre focused in stealth... a action-stealth game.

Rising is not a action-stealth game and didn't feel like one... so it lacks the main and most important factor af a Metal Gear game.

It's like to make a FPS Stree Fighter game lol lol lol

They stated that from the beginning. I mean why do some still complain about this??? It wasn´t suppose to be like the other Metal gear games.

He just does not like the style and the game itself. I'm cool with that, but he could just said it, instead of going trough selective analysis in order to determine why Rising is not Metal Gear. xD

Around the Network
Rafux said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
hmm thats odd, i never seen a gamer happy about paying $60 or more for 6 hours of gameplay... and dmc wasnt bad. I played the demo of mgr and wasnt impressed. I will not be wasting money at a new game price for a 6 hour game. Usually people start threads not happy about that. Is it a full moon? What am i missing?

not to mention the line up for the next two weeks of release!!!! :D good time for games!

You should check that depression dude, its keeping you from enjoying a simple fun rollercoster of a game with a lot of replay in just having fun playing it again or maybe get a job, I mean you americans complaint about 60$ games while the rest of world pays way more.

Its 6 hours of fun, same with Vanquish, same with Bayonetta.

Im not depressed, im sorry to piss in your cherrios about mgr, idfc if its less than the rest of the world its still about all i have sometimes to spend on a game, just 2 will be $120 and thats a month of car insurance. i have to count pennies. 6 hours still suck and i dont have the time to play a game over and over again. i am no longer a child and mommy doesnt buy my games anymore.

Wright said:

He just does not like the style and the game itself. I'm cool with that, but he could just said it, instead of going trough selective analysis in order to determine why Rising is not Metal Gear. xD

I like the style and the game ifself... not the best game ever but a solid 8/10 (DmC is close with a solid 8.5/10).

Tbone said:

So a non-Metal Gear game... it's what I'm saying since the begining... for me this game is not a Metal Gear game... it's Rising.

I am happy to see Platinum have a success as enjoy their games. From the demo MGR:R seemed like another great game.

I agree with the OP, but I do think DMC would have sold alot better if they changed the main character back not if they changed the gameplay.