By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Justice is served! MGR first week beat DmC first month!

BasilZero said:

Sorry but that difference isnt that huge...not brag worthy xD.

Devil May cry aint the same without this guy (even if he did make the disaster that is DMC2)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hideaki_Itsuno

Only reason(s) why MGR sold better than DMC was

1. DmC was developed by Ninja Theory (l0l) (the design goes well with this reason)
2. Metal Gear is a bigger series than Devil May Cry.

It IS a big difference.

MGR on PS3 alone sold the same in 1 week, as DmC in 1 month on both PS3 and 360 combined. 

Around the Network

hmm thats odd, i never seen a gamer happy about paying $60 or more for 6 hours of gameplay... and dmc wasnt bad. I played the demo of mgr and wasnt impressed. I will not be wasting money at a new game price for a 6 hour game. Usually people start threads not happy about that. Is it a full moon? What am i missing?

not to mention the line up for the next two weeks of release!!!! :D good time for games!

Rafux said:

And I also called JUSTICE because poor Platinum (former Clover) keeps releasing great games but never sold well enough.

BTW MGR its not canon.

Again

Its not canon.

I just go check this and Kojima never said it is canon...

I believed the story was canon but seems like it's not confirmed.

ethomaz said:
Rafux said:

And I also called JUSTICE because poor Platinum (former Clover) keeps releasing great games but never sold well enough.

BTW MGR its not canon.

Again

Its not canon.

Metal Gear wikia says that the game is canon to the series. I can't find Kojima saying that it was canon, so It was probably a dream of mine.

If you played the damn game you'll see that is canon xD

BasilZero said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d7BTtiAQuZ0#t=47s

Apparently a designer saying its canon isnt enough for some people lol..

Did not saw your link when I was posting, sorry ;_;

Around the Network
LiquorandGunFun said:
hmm thats odd, i never seen a gamer happy about paying $60 or more for 6 hours of gameplay... and dmc wasnt bad. I played the demo of mgr and wasnt impressed. I will not be wasting money at a new game price for a 6 hour game. Usually people start threads not happy about that. Is it a full moon? What am i missing?

not to mention the line up for the next two weeks of release!!!! :D good time for games!

You should check that depression dude, its keeping you from enjoying a simple fun rollercoster of a game with a lot of replay in just having fun playing it again or maybe get a job, I mean you americans complaint about 60$ games while the rest of world pays way more.

Its 6 hours of fun, same with Vanquish, same with Bayonetta.

BasilZero said:
Wright said:
ethomaz said:
Rafux said:

BTW MGR its not canon.

Again

Its not canon.

Metal Gear wikia says that the game is canon to the series. I can't find Kojima saying that it was canon, so It was probably a dream of mine.

If you played the damn game you'll see that is canon xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d7BTtiAQuZ0#t=47s

Apparently a Creative Producer saying its canon isnt enough for some people lol.. or a simple google search

I don't care what Yuji Korekado or Atsushi Inaba say, only King Kojima can confirm is canon. Its like Dragon Ball GT.

Capcom should take note. ;3

Wright said:
But then...why is not a Metal Gear game?

How I can explain to you...

What define a Metal Gear game? Or better what the Metal Gear defined in the history of the videogames? An unique style, a new genre focused in stealth... a action-stealth game.

Rising is not a action-stealth game and didn't feel like one... so it lacks the main and most important factor af a Metal Gear game.

It's like to make a FPS Stree Fighter game lol lol lol

Its so beautiful.