By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Justice is served! MGR first week beat DmC first month!

Wright said:
Jdevil3 said:

Well, I don't know... I've done this kind of thing before, like a no upgrade run on God of War III on Chaos mode (I think that's what the hardest difficulty was called) or a 122333 challenge in Final Fantasy XII. Those kind of things are fun to do but I had more free time before to do all that... nowadays it's ALMOST only weekends, vacations from work, holidays and that stuff when I have time or feel like doing this kind of self imposed challenges.

I could be playing now but I'm kind of sleepy and don't really feel like it :S.

Then don't be dumb! Rest. Tomorrow will bring a different Sun.

Don't worry, I won't play today and I'll most probably go to sleep early :P

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

Is DMC over 4-5 hours? then it wins by default

pokoko said:
Justice over videogames sales? Dear lord ...

Know that feeling where you hear something that makes you vaguely embarrassed to be a gamer? Yeah.

What anime is you're sig from?

<:::::[]=

Horrorfest said:
Is DMC over 4-5 hours? then it wins by default

While this is not the case (DmC is a great game, or so I have heard), just because a game is longer than other makes it better? Think about it.

Halo4warduntodawn said:
pokoko said:

Know that feeling where you hear something that makes you vaguely embarrassed to be a gamer? Yeah.

That's Misa from Kaichou wa Maid-sama! 

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Halo4warduntodawn said:
pokoko said:

That's Misa from Kaichou wa Maid-sama! 

No, it's not! He's Yuri, from Vesperia, crossdressed!

DmC is a good game...all the bitching is sad cos people are depriving themselves of a quality game they would have otherwise enjoyed. Besides, the old Dante looked naff.
As for MGR, yes, it's selling cos of the name alone...hack and slash games aren't exactly the top selling genre so I doubt it will hold up once the bogans...ahem I mean general population...realise it's not a 'true' metal gear sequel, which would be preferable btw.
So in summary, a decent game offering a fresh take on an old formula is selling poorly becos of the characters hair colour, while a tie in to a popular franchise is selling well to a largely misinformed public, based on its name alone....
yes, justice has certainly been served.

Can't believe Rising is seen as an outcast by some Metal Gear Fans. I'm happy to see that Rising did well, not only because I'm a huge Metal Gear fan but because it looks like a great game. Gonna purchase it this weekend.

^_^

I wanted both games to sell well. I guess it isn't going to happen for DMC though.

I used to dislike short games until I played Vanquish, a mother fucking fun game, an experience so fun for me that I found myself just laughing whenever I dodged a missile with my AR mode, I replay it a lot and the experience and enjoyment it gave me was worth the money.

GTA4 and Final Fantasy 13 gave me like 50 hours, I was bored most of time on those games.

DmC also game me a lot of enjoyment but not by playing it but by seeing it bomb every week, not a bad game but still a casualised, dumbed down, Devil May Cry for the God of War audience.