By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MH3U Wii U Gets Cross-Region Online and Off-TV Play !!!

damn, little too late. ive already decided not to get it. maybe i can find some spare cash

Around the Network

I want to be able to have two gamepads connected or one and be able to play two players on the same Wii U. Much of my family plays monster hunter so having to buy a new console or 3DS kinda sucks.

Izo said:
I want to be able to have two gamepads connected or one and be able to play two players on the same Wii U. Much of my family plays monster hunter so having to buy a new console or 3DS kinda sucks.

I think they could've easily (edit: on second thought, with the zones n stuff maybe not easily, but still) made this a feature, but were too lazy to. After all, they weren't intending to include off-TV play until now...

It's a shame, because, really, how much work did they have to put in this game? It's just a port, the least they could do is add some useful features. Local multiplayer isn't given nearly enough love nowadays...

Just pre-ordered the game at gamestop. (Hey I can at least print out the digital guide right?)

The guy was surprised that this was my 1st MH game. I have a lot to learn.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
Huzzah, for cross region.

I won't be using off TV that often, maybe if I want to watch streamed Starcraft matches or something.

I'm not sure if H to the Huskey Huskey and animal slaughtering go well together.

Around the Network

cross region is so important to me. i live in Africa and the different in time with America was a big problem to me. sometimes i had to wake up in 5 or 6 a.m. just to play with members from VGchartz

Otakumegane said:
sethnintendo said:

I just went to Gamestop (I know go ahead and shoot me) and put down 65 dollars on this game. Looks like I won't have to worry about the cost once it releases... Now, I can play with my fellow VGCers day 1!

Is someone going to make a community thread for Wii U version where we agree on times to meet up, etc?

Did you do it for the digital guide?

Nope, there was no mention of a digital guide for preorder.  I mainly just wanted to have it all paid off so I can just pick the game up on launch.

Awesome! Now I can play with my European friends.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Man.. I was hoping this was about local multiplayer. It'd be so cool if two people from the same system could go online together (one on the big screen and one on the gamepad).

I'm still on the fence... I couldn't get into Monster Hunter on PSP but damnit, I want to give this game a try. After playing the demo 5 times with different weapons I'm slowly getting used to the battle system. I'm usually not the kind of guy to put 100 hours into a single game... hmmm. Will there be lots of VGChartz newcomers playing Ultimate?