By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony sell Tokyo office building for 1.2 Billion dollars.

LivingMetal said:

Maybe gaming is a lifestyle for me, and having good options are always welcomed?  Gaming is personal, it's awesomeness.  Gaming pleases me, gamers please me.  But not the fanboys.  I mentioned those who are on one end against Sony and those who are on the extreme opposite.  Please don't talk about insight since you failed to see those in between. Not a very good pespective.  Peace.

I didn't fail to see them, at all. Peace honestly, yeah I wish you peace. A lot of it, and for me too.

Come in this thread, see that people are being reasonable and nobody was fanboyish, but yourself, FE and VGKing (to be horribly blunt) for seeing evil where there was none. People talking business about a company some love a tad too much.

Peace for real I wish it for all of us and that this nonsense subside.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
LivingMetal said:

Maybe gaming is a lifestyle for me, and having good options are always welcomed?  Gaming is personal, it's awesomeness.  Gaming pleases me, gamers please me.  But not the fanboys.  I mentioned those who are on one end against Sony and those who are on the extreme opposite.  Please don't talk about insight since you failed to see those in between. Not a very good pespective.  Peace.

I didn't fail to see them, at all. Peace honestly, yeah I wish you peace. A lot of it, and for me too.

Come in this thread, see that people are being reasonable and nobody was fanboyish, but yourself, FE and VGKing (to be horribly blunt) for seeing evil where there was none. People talking business about a company some love a tad too much.

Peace for real I wish it for all of us and that this nonsense subside.

I guess they want people to ignore the news. Ignoring it will not change whats really happening.

Chandler said:
Looks like Sony is betting everything on the PS4. Good luck.

Why does this news mean they're putting everything they have into the PS4 basket?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

keroncoward said:

I guess they want people to ignore the news. Ignoring it will not change whats really happening.

Not only that, but they sabotage discussion by calling people fanboys till kingdom come. If I were mod I would warn them immediately.

Selling off assets they don't need is good in the long run. Anything they don't need just leeches money away that can be put to better use.

Surely Kaz have a plan to dominate the world.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
happydolphin said:
keroncoward said:

Not only that, but they sabotage discussion by calling people fanboys till kingdom come. If I were mod I would warn them immediately.

I think there is just a confusion about certain individuals. Like Kowenicki for example. He seems to understand this stuff and is very opinionated. But when it comes to a topic like this, where he has even mentioned that this is Sony's only/best option he still reaks of displeasure. Essentially kicking them when they are down. No one likes "that guy". Sony is restructuring, trying to make a comeback and turn itself around. The more decisions they make that lead to that are good moves. Plugging holes in a sinking ship is the right thing to do regardless of the people who sit there complaining about the ship sinking in the first place. Some just condem for long after the fact.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

I'd say that those seeing this as something entirely positive/negative are in the wrong. It's a double edged sword.
On the plus side it'll make Sony's results for this quarter look better and they get some money to (hopefully) invest into something useful.
On the downside it does say a lot when you have to sell stuff to stay afloat. It's a one use only item and the next quarter the effect will be gone.

Chark said:

I think there is just a confusion about certain individuals. Like Kowenicki for example. He seems to understand this stuff and is very opinionated. But when it comes to a topic like this, where he has even mentioned that this is Sony's only/best option he still reaks of displeasure. Essentially kicking them when they are down. No one likes "that guy". Sony is restructuring, trying to make a comeback and turn itself around. The more decisions they make that lead to that are good moves. Plugging holes in a sinking ship is the right thing to do regardless of the people who sit there complaining about the ship sinking in the first place. Some just condem for long after the fact.

I can agree with that to an extent, but Kowen was bringing up points others wouldn't dream of even being able of thinking that far. For instance, after reading the article carefully (which I know you have because I know you're a good user), it's true that they now have to pay rent and it makes you wonder how that will cost them in the long run. Kowen may come from the perspective that it's hurting them, then I brought up the point that it's a lesser evil because they get some short-term cash they can use.

I agree Kowen can be negative about these things but it's a far cry from saying he wasn't insightful or at least to a certain measure reasonably critical about it. Problem is, to those people I confronted, all they see is "He's critical" or "He's too positive about it", instead of looking at the points people actually raised which are interesting for some of us who visit vgchartz for business discussion in the gaming market.

I don't understand why the Sony haters would be mad at this. The majority of them cite Sony's current financial situation as a reason why the company won't exist in the year 20XX. They should be jumping for joy as selling assets means they are not doing too well business wise and bankruptcy is on its way. The only way I see them bitter is Sony's is getting full price for the assets as opposed to getting nothing in an bankruptcy and could use those proceeds in its bid to turn around the company..

happydolphin said:

I can agree with that to an extent, but Kowen was bringing up points others wouldn't dream of even being able of thinking that far. For instance, after reading the article carefully (which I know you have because I know you're a good user), it's true that they now have to pay rent and it makes you wonder how that will cost them in the long run. Kowen may come from the perspective that it's hurting them, then I brought up the point that it's a lesser evil because they get some short-term cash they can use.

I agree Kowen can be negative about these things but it's a far cry from saying he wasn't insightful or at least to a certain measure reasonably critical about it. Problem is, to those people I confronted, all they see is "He's critical" or "He's too positive about it", instead of looking at the points people actually raised which are interesting for some of us who visit vgchartz for business discussion in the gaming market.

There is a divide between what Kowen says and how people react to him. His words are harsh and hard to react to properly even if his responders have an understanding of the subject. People really just don't want reminders of Sony's bad position, especially when they take measures that might alter that. To many it just seems people are damning Sony for past errors and being overly critical of any decision they make. It's a touchy issue at least.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(