Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
pezus said:

NOO!!!!!

But it fits :o

Solid Snake??

Sully??

YESS!! we got a winner

i mean come on, fist bump and cigar? thats soo obvious its sully . why does he go after all the crazy crusaides nate keeps popping up? its an unexplainable greed

Around the Network
eFKac said:
So it's Naughty Dog who are making the port? I'm not really happy about it, unless they didn't want to share the source code, it should have been outsourced, don't waste talent on ports (even TLoU ports).

You are aware not every PS4 owner also had a PS3. Hell, not every PS3 owner played this game. This game can hit perfection!

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

EB1994 said:
eFKac said:
So it's Naughty Dog who are making the port? I'm not really happy about it, unless they didn't want to share the source code, it should have been outsourced, don't waste talent on ports (even TLoU ports).

I'm SUPER happy they are making it. Now we know it will be of the highest quality possible, because it's being remastered by the original developer. 

You wouldn't want to have a crappy port and possibly ruin the reputation of the franchise/original developer, because even if another dev had made the port, if it was shit Naughty Dog would still get the blame.

So don't release it until it's of a good enough quality...? This isn't so hard, and TLoU 2 which has to be made Naughty Dog, looks farther and farther away.

DLC's to TLoU, now this in-house port.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
EB1994 said:
eFKac said:

I'm SUPER happy they are making it. Now we know it will be of the highest quality possible, because it's being remastered by the original developer. 

You wouldn't want to have a crappy port and possibly ruin the reputation of the franchise/original developer, because even if another dev had made the port, if it was shit Naughty Dog would still get the blame.

So don't release it until it's of a good enough quality...? This isn't so hard, and TLoU 2 which has to be made Naughty Dog, looks farther and farther away.

How long would that take though? You have to realize that they can't take too long to develop the game cause they'll just be bleeding money.

I'm sure every dev would like to develop their game for 10 years, then release it but it's just not practical. A port of a PS3 game isn't going to take up that many resources. 

ImmortalHelixFossil said:
eFKac said:

You are aware not every PS4 owner also had a PS3. Hell, not every PS3 owner played this game. This game can hit perfection!

Not saying don't release this port, do it by all means. It could use a IQ and framerate boost, and I could see it selling a couple of systems. I'm saying, outsource it, there are a lot of studios which specialize in porting, and can do a good job. Let Naughty Dog focus on making TLoU 2.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
eFKac said:
EB1994 said:
eFKac said:

i dont think this takes so much resources. gameplay, story, cut scenes, camera, all that is done. the game is desgined, but this just needs improved effects, this doesnt need a full team to work on. neither would a game in pre production (TLoU2). they could have easily started with the story and such in TLoU2 and worked on this. 

what buggs me is the DLC, they said they were "stalling" with the DLC while figuring out to know what to work on next, then they said they were still brainstorming what to do early this year. they wasted like 8 fucking months :/ 

EB1994 said:
eFKac said:
EB1994 said:
eFKac said:

How long would that take though? You have to realize that they can't take too long to develop the game cause they'll just be bleeding money.

I'm sure every dev would like to develop their game for 10 years, then release it but it's just not practical. A port of a PS3 game isn't going to take up that many resources. 

Well, then you just contradicted yourself It's not hard or uncommon to outsource porting a game, case in point Bluepoint, who done a seemingly very good job porting Titanfall to X360.

I can see two reasons behind it, one is that ND didn't want to share the TLoU source code like I said, second that maybe they wanted to try out how the engine works on PS4, but I guess that the Uncharted team already knows this, and they are probably sharing programmers, they were in the past. Engine is definitely the same, so I don't think it's the second reason.

Greatness Awaits!

bananaking21 said:
eFKac said:
EB1994 said:
eFKac said:

i dont think this takes so much resources. gameplay, story, cut scenes, camera, all that is done. the game is desgined, but this just needs improved effects, this doesnt need a full team to work on. neither would a game in pre production (TLoU2). they could have easily started with the story and such in TLoU2 and worked on this. 

what buggs me is the DLC, they said they were "stalling" with the DLC while figuring out to know what to work on next, then they said they were still brainstorming what to do early this year. they wasted like 8 fucking months :/ 

I know, Druckmann said that in the Reddit AMA, I'm afraid the SCE is giving ND too much freedom, and they are taking too much of their sweet time thinking about the game. (on the other hand, he may have been lying like when ND said you are not playing as Ellie in TLoU, just not to leave that question unanswered, I hope he lied ;-()

Greatness Awaits!

eFKac said:
EB1994 said:
eFKac said:

Well, then you just contradicted yourself It's not hard or uncommon to outsource porting a game, case in point Bluepoint, who done a seemingly very good job porting Titanfall to X360.

I can see two reasons behind it, one is that ND didn't want to share the TLoU source code like I said, second that maybe they wanted to try out how the engine works on PS4, but I guess that the Uncharted team already knows this, and they are probably sharing programmers, they were in the past. Engine is definitely the same, so I don't think it's the second reason.

Not really. When the original developer of the game is creating the port, it won't take long because they are already familiar with their own game.

Whereas if it was a brand new developer, they would have to get insight/help from the original developer whilst creating the port and they would have to familiarize themselves with the game, thus taking more time.

eFKac said:
bananaking21 said:

I know, Druckmann said that in the Reddit AMA, I'm afraid the SCE is giving ND too much freedom, and they are taking too much of their sweet time thinking about the game. (on the other hand, he may have been lying like when ND said you are not playing as Ellie in TLoU, just not to leave that question unanswered, I hope he lied ;-()

or when they lied and said they werent two teams just a few months before TLoU was announced. 

i remember shortly after TLoU released ND tweeted a picture of around 200 PS4 dev kits reaching Naughty Dog. falls perfectly inline with the TLoU team starting working on their PS4 game. honestly, we simply wont know. but my guess is that a holiday 2017 is the most probable release window for their game. even though i was hoping it would be a holiday 2016 release when TLoU shipped and i thought they would start working on their next game right away.