By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media Create - week 8 ( Feb. 18 - 24 )

pezus said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
From neogaf

Number of weeks it took the following systems to drop below 10.000 units: (Famitsu)

PS2 - 402 (week 39 and 40 it sold 8.136 and 3.306 units respectively due to supply issues)
PSP - 394
NDS - 337
Wii - 224
GBA - 214
PS3 - 27
PSV - 17
Wii U - 12

Xbox 360 - 5
GCN - 5
Xbox - 4

3DS - 24 (week before price drop)

Thought as much...ouch

mmh, this tastes better than fish :)

perfect trollfood if you ask me!

brothers in doom...

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network
naruball said:
theprof00 said:
Wow weird vita numbers, but perhaps the sony conference is responsible for that, what with the remote play news.
Next week sales should be higher, and WOW at pezus' prediction coming true. Spot on.
Also great MG:R numbers 350k is way more than I expected. Should be able to do a mil in JP lifetime.

Not likely. Ps3 games don't have legs in Japan. Best case scenario 700k

This is so sad and a complete lie. Games have legs based on their inherent appeal (which is usually linked to a franchise or genre) and even then there are exceptions. Demon's Souls is one example of some sexy legs.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

And Wii U launch with a Mario game and Monster Hunter unlike PSVita.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Lol if Ninty was worried they would have already had a panic price cut. Ninty expected these sales after delaying as much as they did. Wish Ninty didn't delay so much though, they shouldn't assume it will be fine when the games finally come. This holiday will be so entertaining though lol. Ninty will unleash the hounds this holiday and someone will be crying, definitely won't be Ninty.
OT: 3DS the only one selling decent as usual.

outlawauron said:
naruball said:
theprof00 said:
Wow weird vita numbers, but perhaps the sony conference is responsible for that, what with the remote play news.
Next week sales should be higher, and WOW at pezus' prediction coming true. Spot on.
Also great MG:R numbers 350k is way more than I expected. Should be able to do a mil in JP lifetime.

This is so sad and a complete lie. Games have legs based on their inherent appeal (which is usually linked to a franchise or genre) and even then there are exceptions. Demon's Souls is one example of some sexy legs.

Did it sell over a mil in Japan alone? Did it have a great opening and kept selling for a long time? Can you think of any other examples? How about mgs4? That's right. Bigger opening and didn't manage to sell over a mil (or am I wrong? that's what I read in another tread).

Please explain how this is a lie.

Around the Network

I blame Tank! Tank! Tank!

naruball said:
outlawauron said:
naruball said:
theprof00 said:

Did it sell over a mil in Japan alone? Did it have a great opening and kept selling for a long time? Can you think of any other examples? How about mgs4? That's right. Bigger opening and didn't manage to sell over a mil (or am I wrong? that's what I read in another tread).

Please explain how this is a lie.

Metal Gear titles won't have legs because it's a MG title. It has a hardcore fanbase that will buy it early. It would have the same legs even if it was on the DS or Wii. Demon's Souls opened with a 38k FW and went on to sell 350k lifetime in Japan. For a niche JPPG that is also a new IP, that's pretty fantastic. All I said that the console doesn't determine the legs, the game itself does.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

HokageTenshi said:

b.t.w congrat Konami PS3 Metal Gear Rising sales, but sad for X360 ver. didn't even make it in top 30...

The 360 version was cancelled in Japan a while ago.

Also, fu** great week with Vita up & > WiiU just before price cut + Rising strong 1st week. The Sony Direct rose awareness around the system, can't wait for next week and the Vita explosion with Senran Kagura, NInja Gaiden Σ2+ & PSO2!

theprof00 said:
For 1 million in Japan the game needs to sell over 600k in first week.... Rising will sell ~500k in Japan lifetime. Where did you get 350k? It's 330k (Famitsu) and 300k (Media Create).

ethomaz said:
theprof00 said:
For 1 million in Japan the game needs to sell over 600k in first week.... Rising will sell ~500k in Japan lifetime. Where did you get 350k? It's 330k (Famitsu) and 300k (Media Create).

I couldn't be bothered to look up the numbers :D I thought it was around 350, so I said that.

But you and the other guy are right, MGS4 did 480 first week and topped at 850k or so, that would mean something like 600-700 lifetime, unless it has better legs than mgs4