By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Can Still Outsell Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4

phenom08 said:

Do I honestly believe WiiU can go against to plats that will most likely flop as hard as the WiiU? Yes lol. Unlike them though the WiiU has the headstart and Mario coming later this year. Maybe even two Mario games and a price cut. Its doing bad now when it hardly matters because it has no competition.

of course it matters.  every day that goes by the wiiU is looking more and more finacially unviable to developers for the creation of game and consumers are solidifying their negative opinions and presumptions on the system.  ever day that goes by it becomes harder and more expensive for nintendo to correct the ship.

Around the Network

I find it absolutely hilarious that people act like PS4 and the next XBOX have already sold tens of millions.

kitler53 said:
phenom08 said:

Do I honestly believe WiiU can go against to plats that will most likely flop as hard as the WiiU? Yes lol. Unlike them though the WiiU has the headstart and Mario coming later this year. Maybe even two Mario games and a price cut. Its doing bad now when it hardly matters because it has no competition.

of course it matters.  every day that goes by the wiiU is looking more and more finacially unviable to developers for the creation of game and consumers are solidifying their negative opinions and presumptions on the system.  ever day that goes by it becomes harder and more expensive for nintendo to correct the ship.

Not to mention the fact that it is unlikely it will fare better when more consoles arrive, it will have to fight both backwards and forwards. Besides, its not true that it doesn't have any competition; it has both the 360 and PS3 to battle as it stands.

melbye; the strangest thing by far is the people saying that it doesn't matter if the Wii U is doing poorly. If anything, most people seem to have fairly low expectations of the 8th generation, I know I have.

melbye said:
I find it absolutely hilarious that people act like PS4 and the next XBOX have already sold tens of millions.

when you align launches...wiiU is massively behind the wii, recently fell behind the ps3, and about 10-15  weeks away from falling behind the 360.  hell, if trends don't change wiiU will fall behind vita before the end of the year.  when you look at the data there is really no spin here....wiiU does not have healthy sales.

Not only it can as it most probably will, at least for the next 2-3 years. Its likely the Wii U will be the highest sold next-gen console.

After those 2-3 years the price of the other consoles will become more acessable and they will catch up.

I would advise "would be" analysts to think about price points and game availability in the future and not jut what their own needs are at this moment.

Around the Network

i will say this: Wii U has not launched yet. It is in a Beta state. On March after Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter 3Ultimate and Need4Speed, then we will have a steady stream of games, mostly first party to see how Wii U does. Yes, it is a shame January and February were dried on games, but Nintendo is not used to release mediocre games at any time on any console. The Wonderful 101 already received an impressive boost on graphics quality with respect to E3 2012 trailer. There is still time for Wii U to win this gen, specially because there are not that kind of games that ou can say "it is doomed" yet.

phenom08 said:

In case you need an reminder 360/PS3 flopped at $400 plus. Why exactly should I believe consumers are waiting for them? That proved incorrect last time. YOU may be willing to pay 400+ but the average consumer says no. Its funny those Micro/Sony fans are always begging for price cuts but will claim their favorite plats are worth every penny. Begging for price cuts only says our favorite product isnt worth the price tag. The WiiU is priced too high for the average consumer, remember the Wii raped at the PS3s current price tag. If WiiU recieves a price cut with Mario, then no matter how powerful they are, they will be outsold, just ask the Vita. Even without a price cut PS4/nextbox will still be outsold thanks to holiday deals anyways. WiiU didnt have many holiday deals if any and neither will newly released platforms. So right now it may not be worth 400 but later it maybe, or it could be cheaper later this year anyways.

I'm not sure you grasp just how poorly the Wii U is doing.  The PS3 was selling as much in the USA alone in 2007 at $500-600 as the Wii U is selling worldwide at $300-350.  Neither the PS3 or 360 have ever seen worldwide sales as low as the Wii U.

There seems to be a trend where people were confident that the Wii U would do better than the PS4/720, so if the Wii U is doing badly, then they think surely those systems will do even worse.  I'm not really sure why they are hoping this.  If the PS4 and 720 are selling less than 30k in 2014, then console gaming is basically dead.

Yakuzaice said:

phenom08 said:
 In case you need an reminder 360/PS3 flopped at $400 plus. Why exactly should I believe consumers are waiting for them? That proved incorrect last time. YOU may be willing to pay 400+ but the average consumer says no. Its funny those Micro/Sony fans are always begging for price cuts but will claim their favorite plats are worth every penny. Begging for price cuts only says our favorite product isnt worth the price tag. The WiiU is priced too high for the average consumer, remember the Wii raped at the PS3s current price tag. If WiiU recieves a price cut with Mario, then no matter how powerful they are, they will be outsold, just ask the Vita. Even without a price cut PS4/nextbox will still be outsold thanks to holiday deals anyways. WiiU didnt have many holiday deals if any and neither will newly released platforms. So right now it may not be worth 400 but later it maybe, or it could be cheaper later this year anyways.

I'm not sure you grasp just how poorly the Wii U is doing.  The PS3 was selling as much in the USA alone in 2007 at $500-600 as the Wii U is selling worldwide at $300-350.  Neither the PS3 or 360 have ever seen worldwide sales as low as the Wii U.
There seems to be a trend where people were confident that the Wii U would do better than the PS4/720, so if the Wii U is doing badly, then they think surely those systems will do even worse.  I'm not really sure why they are hoping this.  If the PS4 and 720 are selling less than 30k in 2014, then console gaming is basically dead.

@yakuzaice Actaully there's an element of truth in console gaming dying, The other two next systems could well have sales as low as the Wii U, I don't think the low sales are just Wii U specific. The other systems wont do significantly better, but the same as the Wii U at best. I'd be surprised if it turned out any other way.

9087 said:
I think its too late already. It's gotten so much bad PR. and 3rd parties are going to totally abandon it.

You are not...very...optimistic, when it comes to WiiU, aren´t you? xD

Possibly... they need to release more content and never let January-February happen again.

Retro and Monolith Soft could have some killer IPs up their sleeves...

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179