By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is now official, WiiU is next gen

Deyon said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Deyon said:

It didn't have any leap over the original Xbox/PS2

So? If all our grand children are physically and/or mentally inferior- or "just" equal to us they are still part of the newer generations.

What does that have to do with anything? In the gaming industry next gen means more power and the Wii didn't have that. That's just my opinion.

No it doesn't. In the gaming industry next gen means the next generation of consoles.

Around the Network
Deyon said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Deyon said:

What does that have to do with anything? In the gaming industry next gen means more power and the Wii didn't have that. That's just my opinion.

There is nothing wrong with saying that Wii U is a next-gen console with typical 7th gen specs, if that is true. It's still a next-gen console though.

I wasn't talking about the WII U! This conversation is about the Wii!

If Sony and Microsoft release new consoles with the same specs as the PS3/Xbox360, Would you call those consoles next gen and be happy about it?

...It's the same case as the Wii though, except the Wii is a 7th gen console with similar specs to the Xbox/GameCube. It's still 7th gen because its product cycle coincided with the next PlayStation and Xbox, and its the next-gen Nintendo console after the GameCube.

pezus said:
Why do you feel like you have to defend that anyway? Next-gen does not mean it's equal in power to the others. It just means it's a successor to Wii.

You're obviously wrong. You know as well as me it's all about teh powar! WiiU haz no grafix, it's not next-gen!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Deyon said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Its next gen for Nintendo, but otherwise its so behind.

Its not by any means "so behind".. Sony didn't show anything jar dropping (except for the old men)

Wii U is not pre gen its next gen...like the Wii was a 7th gen console... get over it

How is the Wii 7th gen? Explain yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

Right box say: 'Seventh generation'. Also see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(seventh_generation)

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Honestly you don't nedeed to make this thread. It's only going to be a troll nest.
Better ignore idiots comments and play games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Deyon said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Deyon said:

It didn't have any leap over the original Xbox/PS2

So? If all our grand children are physically and/or mentally inferior- or "just" equal to us they are still part of the newer generations.

So XBOX won the 6th gen, because the PS2 clearly was not on the same gen with Gamecube and XBOX. Nice to know.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:

So XBOX won the 6th gen, because the PS2 clearly was not on the same gen with Gamecube and XBOX. Nice to know.

If that's the case, Xbox360 is a 6th gen console because PS3 is more powerful.

The PS2 was next gen because it was much more powerful than the previous gen consoles (PS1/N64).

Deyon said:
Mnementh said:

If that's the case, Xbox360 is a 6th gen console because PS3 is more powerful.

The PS2 was next gen because it was much more powerful than the previous gen consoles (PS1/N64).

As the Wii is to Gamecube and XBox not even to mention the lightyears limping behind PS2.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
hivycox said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Its next gen for Nintendo, but otherwise its so behind.

Its not by any means "so behind".. Sony didn't show anything jar dropping (except for the old men)

Wii U is not pre gen its next gen...like the Wii was a 7th gen console... get over it

I think its time you get over it. I never denied the Nintendo wasn't next gen, I said it is but it is behind and if you look at the specs sheet Nintendo will be behind. Nintendo will be excluded from the mass majority of next gen multiplats and will enjoy mainly Japanese made titles with slightly above current gen graphics at best. Nintendo has consistantly behind behind for quite a few gens so they are always treated differently (kind of like the special kid in school). Nintendo creates self inflicted wounds that causes western devs to step away. It isn't the old days where Sony wasn't around and third party devs had no options so they can expand their ideas, but fact they do.

You know, you bring up a really interesting point, I have more Japanese games than western games on my PS3(and obviously on Wii) so if Wii U is a Japanese game heaven like the 3DS that's better than the slew of shit Japanese games in the 7th gen then I'd be so god damn happy!

Galaki said:
WiiU is not "next" gen as long as sales don't pick up.

How many has PS4 or NXbox sold?