By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's be honest. What team are you on? (MASSIVE UPDATE)

Removing previous poll XD

HAHA 17 26.98%

HArdy Har 18 28.57%

MWAHAHAHA 23 36.51%

Total:58

I always own more than one console each generation, and certain genres keep bringing me back to PC.

However, of the two consoles I usually have each generation, one of them is always a Nintendo console. Consider me Nintendo 1st, PC 2nd, Playstation 3rd, SEGA 4th, Atari 5th and XBox 6th. I see you have an Apple team up there in the OP too, I'm also an Apple guy, since most of my electronics are Apple. However, gaming has no place on them.

Nintendo team forever!

Around the Network
archbrix said:
kitler53 said:
team coco. deal.

Damn! Beat me to it...

you and me make two.

PlayStation. also game on my computer but its mostly Minecraft so.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

I'm a fan of the gaming industry as a whole. I play where interesting and compelling games are.
I'm a huge fan of Metroid (Super Metroid being my all time favourite game), Zelda and Mario.

But I don't like where Nintendo has gone this gen. Their ideas are great, but because of their hardware choices, the Wii U seems to be headed in a situation similar to the original Wii when it comes to third party support. Although the Wii was a really fun console, with some really great games mostly from first party studios (Super Mario Galaxy, first of the name, is the best platformer ever created in my book), we still had to wait a lot between AAA releases...

Then comes Microsoft, which has a really nice focus on inter-connectivity and ease of use (one that the PS4 seems to have taken real good notes from), but which comes with some business practices that I could never encourage. Online gaming is free on every other systems I game on, Steam, PSN and the Nintendo Network. But on Microsoft's platform, you have to pay, to unluck online gaming, as well as access to apps for which you may already be subscribed to, like Netflix. Unless this changes on the NextBox. This is not where you'll find me online. The only times I went online with my 360, was when I received a voucher bundled with some of the games I got. And the experience I've got from it all didn't ever convince me that it was superior to what was available for free elsewhere or that paying for it was justified. That being said, they do have great first party games, like the Fable series, Alan Wake, Halo and they managed to get Lost Odyssey, which is my favourite JRPG this last gen.

There's also PC to concider. But I've noticed that I mostly play on the PC toward the end of a console generation. When I start needing something more than what the old consoles can offer. I don't really enjoy gaming on a PC compared to a dedicated gaming console, but there's something to be had from pushing your PC to its limits through modding and finding the extent to which your machine can run a really demanding game like Witcher 2 and Crysis... There's also some really good exclusive there, but most of the games I enjoy can be found on consoles or are exlusive to them. Where most of my friends can be found. Now, when did they say Sim City was coming out?? I can't wait to finally play the evolution to that beloved series!

But in the end, my preference goes to Sony, as most of you already know. Because they have first parties that match the greatness of Nintendo's, like Naughty Dog, Polyphony Digital and Santa Monica Studio. They tend to focus a lot more on the so-called hardcore aspects of gaming, and they've never let me down so far since the original PlayStation.

I like to game where the good content is, so I end up owning all platforms.

But, TLDR: Sony.

put me on sony p'rease..

already sold on ps4.. not on wii u and will never touch an xbox again.

Around the Network

Nintendo

Playstation here

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

OP please update!

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

My pick is SEGA of course.

Why? (and only SEGA developed games mentioned here)

Megadrive/Genesis days........ (will only name 3 games per generation) Streets of Rage 2, Revenge of Shinobi, Castle of Illusion.

SEGA Saturn....... SEGA Rally Championship (not to be mistaken for the crap that SRS released on 360/ps3, i'm talking about the AM3 developed game) Fighters Megamix, Decathlete/Athlete Kings).

SEGA Dreamcast/xbox........ Shenmue, Jet Set Radio Future, Virtua Tennis.

360/ps3....... Virtua Fighter 5, Binary Domain, Sonic Generations.

I see SEGA been ridiculed and laughed at again in here for the most part as usual (thank god the GAF community for the most part still see SEGA in a positive light and show them some respect)

SEGA fan forever.

The one that likes women.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger