By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will you go Digital Download only, next-gen?

Will you go Digital Download only, next-gen?

Yes 28 20.59%

No 64 47.06%

Only for non-retail games 43 31.62%

Total:135

depends on the company's approach. if the company has a bad record of not letting you transfer your digital downloads to the next gen then no way!

if they let you use non-proprietary storage and let you transfer to next gen for free then hell yes!

Around the Network

Would depend how competitively the games are priced. If they cost the same amount (or more in some cases) as their physical counterpart like they do currently, then I'd rather just spend the money to on the disk. If it's more along Steam's pricing, then of course. That will give me more money to spend on games I'll likely never get around to play... *sighs at his Steam backlog*

If there is a physical version of the game, I will always go for that.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

the benefit to having digital download on wiiu is getting an icon for every game and making the system silent.

Because of prices I will go fully digital. I'm already doing it with my PC.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

i'm fully digital on my vita and i love it. i'm 50/50 on doing the same with a home console. even thought i am so fucking lazy i have literally purchased a new psn game just to not have to put a disc in.. prices (sales) to date have been much better on the physical side. i hate all the boxes i have lying around but it's harder to justify higher prices (especially on old games) on a none mobile device.

i'm firmly in the TBD column.

archer9234 said:
Physical. I rather always have a perminate backup to my stuff. And not rely on companies to keep my stuff always available. I'll go 100% DD when physical is fully gone.

I really don't get this logic of "perminant backup"

It stays on your HDD for as long as you want. Wheather that's 2 months or 6 years, thats your choice. 

When you buy a game on PSN, it will always be available to your PSN account to dowoload, and re-download incase you accidentally deleted it.

I love my physical copies.

I'll stay with Physical most of the time, Unless it's something extremely pick and play like Animal crossing.

Console games:All Physical if available

Handhelds:Mix, depends on the game.

PC:All digital.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

i would be 100 percent digital if they would do download rentals.