40-45 million 29 5.12%

45-50 million 22 3.89%

55-60 million 62 10.95%

Over 9,000 million 133 23.50%

Total:565
Michelasso said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
JWeinCom said:
It hasn't gone viral, it's just advertised a whole lot. Pretty much any time I load a video on youtube it shows up as an ad. Nothing wrong with advertising your product, but there is a bit of a difference.

It definitely helps that it's being advertised..but unless you click the commercial to load the video seperately it doesn't count as a view. At least that's what I read over at gaf a while back

You are correct:

http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/19/youtube-counts-video-ads-regular-views/

The embedded (forced) ads JWeinCom refers to do not count as a view. Only the videos that get willingly clicked count. So if there is an ad in any website, one must click it to watch it and have it counted as a view in youtube. In orther words it is a very successful ad campaign. Sony was right to fire the previous marketing agency.

Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

yeah, looks like sony is doing a great job of letting everyone know PS4 is coming. Way better than Nintendo did.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

mysticwolf said:
yeah, looks like sony is doing a great job of letting everyone know PS4 is coming. Way better than Nintendo did.

It's not like they could have done worse :)

Akvod said:
Random question. Was Sony Music involved in inflating youtube views on their music videos?

nope that was some false-stuff that the media took up from a blog...

Michelasso said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
JWeinCom said:
It hasn't gone viral, it's just advertised a whole lot. Pretty much any time I load a video on youtube it shows up as an ad. Nothing wrong with advertising your product, but there is a bit of a difference.

It definitely helps that it's being advertised..but unless you click the commercial to load the video seperately it doesn't count as a view. At least that's what I read over at gaf a while back

You are correct:

The embedded (forced) ads JWeinCom refers to do not count as a view. Only the videos that get willingly clicked count. So if there is an ad in any website, one must click it to watch it and have it counted as a view in youtube. In orther words it is a very successful ad campaign. Sony was right to fire the previous marketing agency.

I'm not saying that the views aren't legitimate.  I'm just saying this is an example of traditional advertisement.  It's Sony saying "hey hey look at this".  It's not people saying "Oh my god, this is awesome, you have to see this."

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Michelasso said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
JWeinCom said:

You are correct:

I'm not saying that the views aren't legitimate.  I'm just saying this is an example of traditional advertisement.  It's Sony saying "hey hey look at this".  It's not people saying "Oh my god, this is awesome, you have to see this."

Well, you said that it was counting the embedded ads. One must click on the link for that particular video to have it counted. The ones appearing inside other videos do not count. So at least Google says. Thus the 25+ millions are people that actually wanted to see that video. Probably because advertised, maybe because partially viral. The final stats are obviously not public.

Michelasso said:
JWeinCom said:
Michelasso said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
JWeinCom said:

You are correct:

Well, you said that it was counting the embedded ads. One must click on the link for that particular video to have it counted. The ones appearing inside other videos do not count. So at least Google says. Thus the 25+ millions are people that actually wanted to see that video. Probably because advertised, maybe because partially viral. The final stats are obviously not public.

I didn't mean that the embedded ads were counting.  I just meant that the video is being advertised by traditional means.  That's all. 

26M! XD

JWeinCom said:
mysticwolf said:

It's not like they could have done worse :)

well, just like Nintendo, they did only show the controller :S

Wow video is now sitting around 26 million

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.