By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec says GT6 is coming to PS3 this year (NEW UPDATE: Sony refused to deny the rumors)

Tagged games:

TheJimbo1234 said:

*facepalm*

- WHY is the gameplay one of the best? No reason, no argument.

- Ha no. Simply put, you are so very wrong and simple tests would show you that you are. This is why I love graphics - it is not opinion but purely technical

- Nascar was a) crap due to the AI b) one actual race? All others were events. Same with Karts and you only had one type. The rally was shit due to randomly generated maps and again, some weird event thing rather than just standard races.

- Ignoring the hideous connection speeds, lag, crashing when connecting to lobbies, and most stupid community as they think ABS, Traction control and other real life driving aids are not real or used in races. Well they are.

- last ones didn't need seasonal events (some of which are close to unwinable due to not having qualifying) as they had far more races, but it is a good idea done badly.

It was just a bit shit and if you have ever played the previous GT's, you would realise this.

You are just a hater (plase... that's not a ofense... hater like the game is not for you) your points are just week because I never had these problems you said... maybe it's just opinion... I don't the new Rising game just because it called Metal Gear... it can be the best game ever and for me it is the worst possible.

I'm happy what PD delivered... and in GTPlanet there is a lot of point to be worked but not that you are saying.

Thanks for share your opinion... I like to read all about this game.

Around the Network

Ug not another one.

ethomaz said:

TheJimbo1234 said:

*facepalm*

- WHY is the gameplay one of the best? No reason, no argument.

- Ha no. Simply put, you are so very wrong and simple tests would show you that you are. This is why I love graphics - it is not opinion but purely technical

- Nascar was a) crap due to the AI b) one actual race? All others were events. Same with Karts and you only had one type. The rally was shit due to randomly generated maps and again, some weird event thing rather than just standard races.

- Ignoring the hideous connection speeds, lag, crashing when connecting to lobbies, and most stupid community as they think ABS, Traction control and other real life driving aids are not real or used in races. Well they are.

- last ones didn't need seasonal events (some of which are close to unwinable due to not having qualifying) as they had far more races, but it is a good idea done badly.

It was just a bit shit and if you have ever played the previous GT's, you would realise this.

You are just a hater (plase... that's not a ofense) your points are just week because I never had these problems you said... maybe it's just opinion... I don't the new Rising game just because it called Metal Gear... it can be the best game ever and for me it is the worst possible.

I'm happy what PD delivered... and in GTPlanet there is a lot of point to be worked but not that you are saying.

Thanks for share your opinion... I like to read all about this game.

I'm a "hater" yet I  have said and openly admitted that I loved all the other previous GT titles from GT2 to GT4. They were hands down, and still are fine racing games. GT5 was just crap, hence why you couldn't give a solid reason as to why it is good.

Plus you never answered my question; which previous GT's have you played? I'm pressuming none as you dodged this point and the sheer comparison of GT4 to GT5 would always make GT5 look poor.

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
too many idiots and cry babies, GT5 was built from the ground up polyphony had to create a brand new engine which is why GT5 took so long to come out, do you really think the graphics, sounds, cars, modification, tracks and environments will be like they are in GT5, just take a look back at GT1>GT2, masses of improvements including more cars better graphics more pretty much every thing, then GT3>GT4 again did pretty much exactly what GT2 did from GT1 better graphics and more of every thing, cars, environments, tracks, tuning, rally stages ect ect.

now is the turn for GT6 and who is anyone to question the same people who know the PS3 a lot better than us gamer's who play on it, polyphony will no doubt squeeze every last ounce of power out of the PS3 and stun every one with GT6, i seriously doubt PD will just make a few subtle changes and call it GT6, look back at PD's previous games and you can see the vast improvements they make every time.

if GT6 is not on PS4 then maybe you should have a serious think about that, who releases a franchise as big as that as a launch game!, no one.

what big franchises were used as launch games lol don't be such a fool id rather wait a few years before a big franchise like GT is released on a new console, not so i have to wait but more to allow the developers to get to grips fully with what the system can really do, most dev's have only had dev kits for around 6 month's as 6 months ago the final spec's for the next gen console was decided if Sony suddenly changed the spec now a lot of games would be delayed, think about it plus if its taken PD 3 years to develop GT6 they did not have PS4 dev kits 3 years ago so they would have to alter or worse restart the engine from scratch again to work on the new hardware, please use your brains before having a hissy fit about GT6 not coming to the PS4 as a launch game.

I agree... I just think some guys expected another game different from what Gran Turismo is.

I believe Drive Club coming to PS4 is a prof of no GT games is near to come to PS4... I thnk just in 2015.

TheJimbo1234 said:
I'm a "hater" yet I  have said and openly admitted that I loved all the other previous GT titles from GT2 to GT4. They were hands down, and still are fine racing games. GT5 was just crap, hence why you couldn't give a solid reason as to why it is good.

Plus you never answered my question; which previous GT's have you played? I'm pressuming none as you dodged this point and the sheer comparison of GT4 to GT5 would always make GT5 look poor.

Sorry by the hater... I mean the GT5 is not a game for you... the other GT was but that not.

I played every GT games already released except the PSP one... and the GT5 is the first to really give me what Kaz wanted to archive in the first GT "real driving simulation"... GT5 driving phisics is from another world... way better than any other game I ever played... just that make the gameplay better than anything else. GT5 is the first GT game to have a big jump in quality to the previous one... the first to have a complete new driving physics engine.

You want to read from me what makes GT5 better than the other? I already write in this forum so many time so I will copy and paste some (there a lot more):

QUALITY

• The driving physics is developed from wheel to controller... so equal physics for every input device without advantage to controller... the precision and handcaps is the same for all.
  • The gratesst wheel-FFB for any sim racing game in the world... the people here is serious about the "simulation" aspect.
  • Multiplayer is the strongest part of any GT game... GT5 have the most vast options for MP than any other sim racer in the market... only options that really matter to "simulation" aspect... the player are serious and organized.
  • GT5 have consequences of ownership/usage of cars... it's unique... after you buy a car you have consequences, so you car get old, you need to change parts, the engine became weak, the fuel-consuption became worst, deterioration tire too, you have to change the oil, etc... after you buy a car it never will be new again (except in Arcade and Free Run mode)... the physics change while you learn how to use your car IT's AWESOME... that's the most important part of GT and one of the uniques features praise by all players because NO OTHER GAME in the market do that.
  • GT5 have a sub-engine for variable weather... the real-time calculations of on-track temperature/air humidity/air temperature/air pressure change everything in the game... you need to learn how to drive in these circuntances all the time because the way to drive the car is always different in each second... that's a extremely important part of the overall realism factor.
  • The tracks are near perfection when compared to real ones... even imperfections appear in the game... the size of the track and cars are near the real (no bullshit like Forza with widen tracks to make the easy to drive).
  • The Premiums cars are in another league... no other sim racing came close to what GT5 archived... even the most the smallest detail is reproduced.
  • GT5's AI is better than any console racing sim except Forza 3.
  • The post launch support is EPIC!!!

There are a lot of other features that make GT5 unique and better than any other similar game in the market.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4906242

If you want we can disscuss every piece of GT5 and I will show the pros and cros in this game (believe it have more pros than cons)... to start I can prove to you I naver had connection issues with GT5 online (maybe it's my internet connection).

Around the Network
TT Makaveli said:
Michael-5 said:

Since PS4 isn't backward compatible, I doubt this will be released exclusively as a PS3 game.

Probably going to release for both platforms, with the PS4 version having upscaled graphics.

i think so too...as we know Sonys history the PS3 will get full support for at least another 2 years...it would be awesome if GT6 really releases this year and also for the PS4...GT6, Infamous & Killzone all for PS4 launch = OVERKILL!!

At least another 2 years?

Wasn't the last PS2 exclusive God of War 2? That released 6 months after the PS3.

Wasn't the last PS1 exclusive Twisted Metal: Small Brawl? That released 1 year after the PS2.

----

If anything we should home that GT6 is a 2013 title (pre-holiday) and releases simultaneously for PS3/PS4. That will follow the up to 1 year support for old consoles trend, and make sense in terms of release window.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Ah well this confirms it. Why they didn't try to get GT rolling on the PS4 asap is beyond me. That would guarantee tremendous sales. I just hope the release date isn't close to DC as it would deter people from purchasing a PS4.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

ethomaz how many times did you beat off to this news?

bananaking21 said:

I don't know lol

I just don't whant to talk about the quality of the game and only focus in the possiblity of GT6 come to PS3... and there is a good chance but I believe in the end it came to PS4 in 2015 or later.

ethomaz said:
bananaking21 said:

I don't know lol

I just don't whant to talk about the quality of the game and only focus in the possiblity of GT6 come to PS3... and there is a good chance but I believe in the end it came to PS4 in 2015 or later.

personally i dont like GT (dont hate me!) so i really dont care much for what platform is comes out, but since your the biggest GT fan in the world where do you want it to come out on? PS3? PS4? or both?