By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec says GT6 is coming to PS3 this year (NEW UPDATE: Sony refused to deny the rumors)

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone ... I just said what I think... move on.

Well what you think needs to be corrected as it is marketed as a SIM, like it or not. Your "thinking", is stealth trolling the fans of the other franchise.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Well what you think needs to be corrected as it is marketed as a SIM, like it or not. Your "thinking", is stealth trolling the fans of the other franchise.

lol SIM is just a label... you can give any to you favorite franchise and it will never change the fact GT have no competition in consoles but like I said that's a discussion for another thread.

Darc Requiem said:
Considering how long it takes PD to develop a game, GT6 will be on Playstation 9

You could say this if:

1. PS4 was actually hard to develop for, which everything we've heard is that it isn't.

2. There weren't 3 GTs on PS3 already (only 1 mainline one). This would make 4 and 2, respectively.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kyuu said:

oh lol don't mind me I just liked the way how he put it. Because I was sort of thinking the same when you grouped Forza with "Need For Speed" I think you're being a little unfair here. Forza is a great game, not quite as realistic as Gran Turismo. But it still stands as a "good Simulator" and a great game. Now GT5 has this the other way around. It definitely feels much realer but it underdelivered (at launch) It took them very long time only to come with something incomplete. I didn't appreciate that.

I like Forza (more 3 than 4)... Horizon is a bad game (Need for Speed is better than it) but that's personal taste.
I just think GT have no competition.... no other racing game in consoles stole sales from GT5 or make the hype be lowered... no GT users is moving to another franchises.

In fact GT fans plays others racing games too but never stop to play GT games.... own/unique niche = no competition.

Should be on the PS4

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
sales2099 said:

False. GT4 released in early 2005. PS3 deputed in E3 2005. PS3 launched in Nov 2006.

So launching GT6 this year on PS3, and with PS4 not backwards compatible....just seems wrong.

It's Gran Turismo... they can do that because everything do right with this franchise.

After the last one, they need to do some serious damage control and this move would be retarded. I, for exmaple, loved the GT series...and then GT5 came out. The loading times were crap, the graphics even worse, volume of maps reduced, rallies pretty much gone, huge amount of bugs, and the gameplay - from buying cars to the race rewards and beyond had been crapped all over. What happened to tyre wear in basic races? Where was this magical damage model? Why did they have the same splitscreen bug as GT4 (let me guess; same ****ing engine because they are lazy, inept devs?)? Why was the online mode so poor? What the hell was the point in licenses if they are not needed? Qualifiying was a great idea so why was that removed? 

The list goes on and on and on....

So no, they can't do what ever they want and this certainly is a retarded move on their part.

TheJimbo1234 said:

After the last one, they need to do some serious damage control and this move would be retarded. I, for exmaple, loved the GT series...and then GT5 came out. The loading times were crap, the graphics even worse, volume of maps reduced, rallies pretty much gone, huge amount of bugs, and the gameplay - from buying cars to the race rewards and beyond had been crapped all over. What happened to tyre wear in basic races? Where was this magical damage model? Why did they have the same splitscreen bug as GT4 (let me guess; same ****ing engine because they are lazy, inept devs?)? Why was the online mode so poor? What the hell was the point in licenses if they are not needed? Qualifiying was a great idea so why was that removed?

So no, they can't do what ever they want and this certainly is a retarded move on their part.

I think that's just taste opinions... for GT5 is the best in franchise because the keys points:

+ Gameplay, the best one created in a racing game
+ Graphics, one of the best visuals in PS3
+ Nascar, Kart, Rally... the first time I get into this kind of races
+ The best online comunite I ever see in a racing game... so fun
+ Seasonal Events is the best thing ever created for replay value... every week a new competition

I give you the points about the slow Menu before Spec 2.0, and maybe damage (it's good but useless because I don't crash in GT5), Licences (funny just for the feeling of beat them)... the bugs in splitscreen I never saw because I never played this mode.

PD develive more than I expected.

PS. I don't have long loading times too because I have a SSD in my PS3 .

too many idiots and cry babies, GT5 was built from the ground up polyphony had to create a brand new engine which is why GT5 took so long to come out, do you really think the graphics, sounds, cars, modification, tracks and environments will be like they are in GT5, just take a look back at GT1>GT2, masses of improvements including more cars better graphics more pretty much every thing, then GT3>GT4 again did pretty much exactly what GT2 did from GT1 better graphics and more of every thing, cars, environments, tracks, tuning, rally stages ect ect.

now is the turn for GT6 and who is anyone to question the same people who know the PS3 a lot better than us gamer's who play on it, polyphony will no doubt squeeze every last ounce of power out of the PS3 and stun every one with GT6, i seriously doubt PD will just make a few subtle changes and call it GT6, look back at PD's previous games and you can see the vast improvements they make every time.

if GT6 is not on PS4 then maybe you should have a serious think about that, who releases a franchise as big as that as a launch game!, no one.

what big franchises were used as launch games lol don't be such a fool id rather wait a few years before a big franchise like GT is released on a new console, not so i have to wait but more to allow the developers to get to grips fully with what the system can really do, most dev's have only had dev kits for around 6 month's as 6 months ago the final spec's for the next gen console was decided if Sony suddenly changed the spec now a lot of games would be delayed, think about it plus if its taken PD 3 years to develop GT6 they did not have PS4 dev kits 3 years ago so they would have to alter or worse restart the engine from scratch again to work on the new hardware, please use your brains before having a hissy fit about GT6 not coming to the PS4 as a launch game.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

ethomaz said:

TheJimbo1234 said:

I think that's just taste opinions... for GT5 is the best in franchise because the keys points:

+ Gameplay, the best one created in a racing game
+ Graphics, one of the best visuals in PS3
+ Nascar, Kart, Rally... the first time I get into this kind of races
+ The best online comunite I ever see in a racing game... so fun
+ Seasonal Events is the best thing ever created for replay value... every week a new competition

I give you the points about the slow Menu before Spec 2.0, and maybe damage (it's good but useless because I don't crash in GT5), Licences (funny just for the feeling of beat them)... the bugs in splitscreen I never saw because I never played this mode.

PD develive more than I expected.

PS. I don't have long loading times too because I have a SSD in my PS3 .

*facepalm*

- WHY is the gameplay one of the best? No reason, no argument.

- Ha no. Simply put, you are so very wrong and simple tests would show you that you are. This is why I love graphics - it is not opinion but purely technical

- Nascar was a) crap due to the AI b) one actual race? All others were events. Same with Karts and you only had one type. The rally was shit due to randomly generated maps and again, some weird event thing rather than just standard races.

- Ignoring the hideous connection speeds, lag, crashing when connecting to lobbies, and most stupid community as they think ABS, Traction control and other real life driving aids are not real or used in races. Well they are.

- last ones didn't need seasonal events (some of which are close to unwinable due to not having qualifying) as they had far more races, but it is a good idea done badly.

It was just a bit shit and if you have ever played the previous GT's, you would realise this.

The PS3 is gonna still be supported by developers LONG into the PS4's life cycle. I'd say another 3 years at least. So in that case, the ps3 could use all the games it could get. If the ps3 and ps4 weren't so different in tech, we could have very well seen a GT6 release for both consoles.

And one more thing....don't they usually release a PROLOGUE version BEFORE they release the official version. Maybe that's what this GT6 could be.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY