Who Do You See Winning Next Gen?

PS4 343 58.53%

NeXbox 71 12.12%

Wii U 104 17.75%

They Will All Have ~33% Marketshare 66 11.26%

Total:584
enditall727 said:

DAMN!

is it taboo for somebody to think that the PS4 can win next gen?

No. But it's crazy to think that it's absolute.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
enditall727 said:

DAMN!

is it taboo for somebody to think that the PS4 can win next gen?

No. But it's crazy to think that it's absolute.

Then don't assume that's what we're saying.  Obviously these are all predictions I don't think anyone is claiming to be a prophet here.  People need to stop acting like others are hating or saying that things are an absolute certainty when they make predictions.  I think KZ will sell over 5 million doesn't mean I'm guarenteeing it.  In fact I'm assuming in my head that it will go under 2 million so I can only be pleasently surprised when I really do see its sales figures.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:

Then don't assume that's what we're saying.  Obviously these are all predictions I don't think anyone is claiming to be a prophet here.  People need to stop acting like others are hating or saying that things are an absolute certainty when they make predictions.  I think KZ will sell over 5 million doesn't mean I'm guarenteeing it.  In fact I'm assuming in my head that it will go under 2 million so I can only be pleasently surprised when I really do see its sales figures.

You haven't seen some people's "predictions" though. I'm not saying you ever thought that your predictions are set in stone, but I was using his post as a a way to say what I was thinking about most people's "predictions" and not necessarily ones just in this thread.

maxnyc said:
I think we can predict the future from the past, watch & learn my friends - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4

how many times are you going to link that same video?

RolStoppable said:
thismeintiel said:

Well, if the economy hit the consoles in 2009, I guess that didn't apply to the PS3, as it sold 2.8M more than it did the previous year.  And in 2010, it sold 900K more than in 2009.  In 2011, it sold 220K more than it did in 2010.  Only in 2012, thanks to the natural decline of the market at the end of the gen, did it start to see a decline YOY.  I think your problem is that you're looking at this from a Nintendo centric point of view.  I guess you think the decline of th Wii, even though it's always been cheaper, by 2.9M YOY had to do with the economy?  Nope.  It had to do with people stating to lose interest in the Wii U.  Which is why when PS3 was still climbing in 2010, the Wii dropped another 4M YOY. 

The Wii U's problem has to do with interest in the HW, not the economy.  Interest is a 50/50 split between the attractiveness of the HW and the SW.  People may be interested in Nintendo's SW offerings, but like the N64 and Gamecube have shown us before, it takes more than that to make people buy your system. 

The PS3 got a redesign and price cut to $299 in 2009. It didn't sell well in the months before these things happened.

You have failed to answer what will make the PS4 sell at $400+.

While the was PS3 down ~950K throughout the year up to the pricecut, but this was mostly due to MS dropping the 360's entry price to $199 in late '08, which again made the entry price for the PS3 $200 more than the 360. 

Actually, I've given you plenty of reasons the PS4 will be fine.  You have failed to give me any real reasons it will do poorly.

Around the Network

Always find it amusing reading someones predictions then looking at their sig.

NintendoPie said:
thismeintiel said:

Like I told Kowen, that was before the $80 price cut.  I definitely don't see the 60% even being possible, now.

I don't see why people keep spouting this BS about the PS4 being too expensive at ~$399.  For the largest part of 2007, when the world economies took a nosedive, the PS3 was still $499.  It dropped to $399 for only 2 months of that year, yet it sold 7.92M units.  That's 1.12M more than the 360 sold in its 2nd year, which had a much better economy to sell in.  A PS4 at $399-$429 will do just fine.

As for the Wii U part, yes, I do think the sales of Wii U will definitely pick up after more games and a price cut.  However, you don't go from selling like a dying console 2 months after launch to being the market leader.  It's selling even worse than the PS3 at this point, which launched for $200 more and wasn't even available in EU.  I don't think Sony and MS really have anything to fear from the Wii U.  They didn't even have to change their 360 and PS3 pricing to compete with it.

You pretty much went against what you just said. The Wii U is going to get more games, like you said in the first sentence. Then you said that the PS3 and 360 are outselling it. Why? They have games, way more games than the Wii U. But, the Wii U will get these games. So it'll start to sell just as well if not better than the 360 and PS3.

429$ will not work out. 399$ is a strech. Besides, we don't know the actual price yet. I'm expecting it to be around 429$ base, but that's what I'm expecting. You are acting like 399$ base is set in stone. Edit: I would also like to say that 399$ is still not the best price. People won't like that.

My point was that a lot of people, including myself, thought that MS and Sony would drop their prices to help draw people away from the Wii U.  The fact that they didn't need to is very telling.  And the Wii U needs more than a few multiplats and a couple of first party games later this year to make it sell better than the 360 and PS3, both of which are outselling its WW sales in NA alone.  The only way the Wii U will start outselling the 360 and PS3 is if Wii U gets some games AND a $80-100 price cut (this is what combats the HW not being very appealing to the public.)  If it doesn't get both of those, then it will have to wait til the 360 and PS3 naturally decline until it can outsell them.

As I said in my previous post.  You don't go from selling like a dying console 2 months after launch to being the market leader.

irstupid said:

Why? Does a smiling DS4 offend you?  Sad, if true.

thismeintiel said:
irstupid said:

Why? Does a smiling DS4 offend you?  Sad, if true.

I think he meant that the comment of the user is further discredited when his or her sig/avatar or both is obviously commited to one game company that got the "favour" in the comment. 

Stop dodging, its stupid. 

Yay!!!

RolStoppable said:

Here's your thread for handheld predictions:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=128052&page=

Oh man, that speaks volumes.

Funny how much of a fickle bitch the industry is.  One moment you're showing impressive tech and have almost every major developer shouting praise from the rooftops, and the next you've sold around 4m systems in around a year on the market with no clear sign of a turnaround.