PS4 343 58.53%

NeXbox 71 12.12%

Wii U 104 17.75%

They Will All Have ~33% Marketshare 66 11.26%

Total:584
thismeintiel said:
platformmaster918 said:
psrock said:
I still can't visualized how the next xbox is going to be # 1 next generation. Is NA and UK enough to get them there?

pricing and release date (the 2 biggest advantages a console can have) went entirely in their favor this gen plus the cell plus PS3 launching against Wii plus Sony not having any system sellers till MGS4 yet they still will end up 3rd.  yeah I don't get it either.

My point exactly.  All of these problems seem to be addressed this gen. 

Price - Rumors all point to the price being $399-429.  This is a great price for the power and features you are getting, especially when compared to the $499 PS3.

Release Date - The PS4 and the NeXbox are both launching later this year.  So, at max the NeXbox will have a few weeks to a month headstart.  That is nothing compared to the 1 year head start the 360 got.

Cell - PS4 is going to have a MUCH more developer friendly HW compared to the PS3.  This will lead to multiplats that are equal to or, when combined with the better GPU, better than the NeXbox versions.

Games - It looks like Sony has got all the major, and a lot of the smaller, game companies on board from the start.  And we still have E3 left to learn what other launch window titles are going to be available.

Also the PC architecture advantage over Cell is two fold.  Not only will 3rd party games be just as good if not better on PS4 now, but the first party devs that had trouble getting stuff out this gen early (I think due to cell) such as Sucker Punch, Guerrilla, Polyphony, and Santa Monica (none of which had a pre-09 game for PS3) will be able to get their offerings out much quicker.  Imagine what ND will be able to do with this system (Uncharted looked good but we didn't see what them really get great performance until U2 in 09)!  I'm really looking forward to seeing ND, MM, Infamous gameplay, more KZ gameplay, and possibly SSM's new IP at E3.  I'm already thinking I'll be getting Shadowfall at launch (first launch system and I want an exclusive that shows what it can do).  Will definitely get Infamous if it's a launch title and Watch Dogs is looking too good to resist as well.  I think I'm going to have a PS4 backlog as soon as I get it lol I've never been so stoked for the launch of a new console after what will have been 7 years (first launch day system purchase coming up so hoping for reliable hardware)!

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I see both the PS4 and Nextbox stumbling out of the gate. Highly priced powerful consoles aren't going to sell when there are next to no exclusive games for them. If you paid attention a few days ago, you will have noticed that third parties will make multiplatform games for seventh and eighth generation consoles, meaning there will be almost no incentive to buy PS4s and Nextboxes during their first year on the market.

Meanwhile, the Wii U is going to look more attractive come November. It will cost less and offer more exclusive software. However, third party support might once again not arrive and the Wii U beating the PS4 and Nextbox for a year or two will easily be offset by longer tails for these consoles due to superior third party support.

From what I know of all consoles so far, I don't see any real winner, because they are all taking a dangerous direction. High costs coupled with slow sales are a dangerous combination for profitability.

On a final note, I'd like to call myself pretty amazing. Here's your thread for handheld predictions:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=128052&page=

Thanks for posting that link. Very entertaining.

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

Somini said:
newwil7l said:
I dissagree. It will be
1. Nextbox
2. Wii U
3. PS4

The majority does not agree with you.

Who is the majority?

wait.. wait.. what?.. why do some of you automatically say PS4 will win?.. what has change from PS3?...

PS4 got upgraded graphics and a share button.. wootidoo!.. and its all of a sudden gonna win ?.. what?

Dont say because of games.. nextBox games will look very similar to PS4 .. even if the nextbox only has 4GB of mem! ..

thismeintiel said:

Like I told Kowen, that was before the $80 price cut.  I definitely don't see the 60% even being possible, now.

I don't see why people keep spouting this BS about the PS4 being too expensive at ~$399.  For the largest part of 2007, when the world economies took a nosedive, the PS3 was still $499.  It dropped to $399 for only 2 months of that year, yet it sold 7.92M units.  That's 1.12M more than the 360 sold in its 2nd year, which had a much better economy to sell in.  A PS4 at $399-$429 will do just fine.

As for the Wii U part, yes, I do think the sales of Wii U will definitely pick up after more games and a price cut.  However, you don't go from selling like a dying console 2 months after launch to being the market leader.  It's selling even worse than the PS3 at this point, which launched for $200 more and wasn't even available in EU.  I don't think Sony and MS really have anything to fear from the Wii U.  They didn't even have to change their 360 and PS3 pricing to compete with it.

You pretty much went against what you just said. The Wii U is going to get more games, like you said in the first sentence. Then you said that the PS3 and 360 are outselling it. Why? They have games, way more games than the Wii U. But, the Wii U will get these games. So it'll start to sell just as well if not better than the 360 and PS3.

429$ will not work out. 399$ is a strech. Besides, we don't know the actual price yet. I'm expecting it to be around 429$ base, but that's what I'm expecting. You are acting like 399$ base is set in stone. Edit: I would also like to say that 399$ is still not the best price. People won't like that.

Around the Network
BluGamer23 said:

wait.. wait.. what?.. why do some of you automatically say PS4 will win?.. what has change from PS3?...

PS4 got upgraded graphics and a share button.. wootidoo!.. and its all of a sudden gonna win ?.. what?

Dont say because of games.. nextBox games will look very similar to PS4 .. even if the nextbox only has 4GB of mem! ..

price, year advantage, cell, online infastructure and features for short

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
BluGamer23 said:

and you know this because you have seen and know what MS is doing with nextBox?.. 

price = wiiU

year advantage = wiiU

cell = HD remake of Windwaker .. haha

online infrastructure = MS

features = ??? dont know what will be important.. i doubt a 'share' button is important to the cash-uals.

oh and LoL

BluGamer23 said:
platformmaster918 said:
BluGamer23 said:

and you know this because you have seen and know what MS is doing with nextBox?.. 

price = wiiU

year advantage = wiiU

cell = HD remake of Windwaker

online infrastructure = MS

features = ??? dont know what will be important.. i doubt a 'share' button is important to the cash-uals.

oh and LoL

I was talking about not having custom terrible for gaming tech I'm not sure what Wind Waker has to do with that.  Yes MS has party chat and that's the only difference I've seen on PS360 (not worth $60 a year imo but they're evening even that out).  Also it's apparently you weren't paying attention during the whole Gaikai part of their presentation and all the spectating, streaming, background downloading, free to try, and take over stuff.  They have a lot more than simple video sharing and I'm planning to use a bunch of it.  Also I was referring to Sony vs. MS as far as price and release date were concerned Nintendo has always gone for a different audience.

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I like to look at it another way. And yes, I'm intentionally ignoring Nintendo, because they are in a league of their own.

Xbox 360 has over 300% growth globally compared to the previous gen Xbox.

PS3 has only about 50% growth globally compared to the previous gen PS2.

Right now, as of this writing, Xbox 360 is on top in every category against the PS3. The xbox 360 has more console sales, more game sales by volume (even on games available on both platforms), has more games available on their platform, has more titles in the top 50 most popular games of all time, is a profitable console, and even with all that said, requires an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online.

Microsoft is not fighting an uphill battle. Sony IS fighting an uphill battle.

Everyone keeps talking about how the PS4 is going to stomp on the next Xbox because they still have free online gaming, but I can nearly guarantee you that Sony is going to be the one making a big shift in business tactics in order to start making a profit, most likely moving their 'free' features over to the PSN+ 'paid' subscription instead.

If Microsoft reduced the Xbox Live Gold membership for next gen by about $25 a year (which I don't even consider them to ever do) it would destroy the PS4. While that's not going to happen, I'm very very willing to believe that paying for online gaming will be the norm with the PS4. In fact, I'm predicting them to do so.

On a side note, I don't understand all of these 'who's gonna win next gen' forum posts.  We don't even know what the next Xbox is all about yet.  You are comparing the PS4 to something that doesn't even exist publicly.  

BluGamer23 said:

DAMN!

is it taboo for somebody to think that the PS4 can win next gen?