By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Unreal Engine 4 running on PC looks better than PS4

PS4 screen shot.

http://www.zonared.com/images/capturas/26700/26782_unreal-engine-4-para-playstation-4.jpg

PC screen shot.

http://media.gamer.nl/site/dump/20120517171736-1_g.jpg

I dunno about you, but either UE4 running on PS4 was a quick rush job, or the PS4 simply can't hand UE4's full graphics feature set.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Around the Network

Well that's obvious. I'm a Playstation enthusiast, but if anybody said otherwise they need to get their eyes checked.

I personally believe it might have been rushed. The event was great and sold me on getting a PS4 at launch, but certain things seemed as if they were prepared at the 11th hour. I won't be surprised if this was one of them.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

err.. duh? You expected Epic Games to show of UE4 on pc with specs not able to fully show of the engine features?

Proclus said:
err.. duh? You expected Epic Games to show of UE4 on pc with specs not able to fully show of the engine features?

True, but it was supposed to be running on a single GTX 680. The PS4 with its 8GB of GDDR5 RAM is supposed be as powerful, if not more.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Navane said:
Proclus said:

True, but it was supposed to be running on a single GTX 680. The PS4 with its 8GB of GDDR5 RAM is supposed be as powerful, if not more.

While impresssive RAM wise, it doesn't really make up for the fact that the system that ran UE4 had a faster/better GPU. and probably was boasting a top of the line i7 CPU.

Around the Network
Proclus said:
Navane said:
Proclus said:

While impresssive RAM wise, it doesn't really make up for the fact that the system that ran UE4 had a faster/better GPU. and probably was boasting a top of the line i7 CPU.

Also true. However, through optimization I don't see why it couldn't get close to the same results.

Navane said:
Proclus said:

no, the GTX 680 has way better shading performance, hell that's a $450-500 card for a reason - the PS4 should launch for $400-450 for the whole system (if Sony is sane)

still, I think that demo might be created with 3-4GB of usable RAM in mind and not with the announced specs

So PS4 gimping next-gen graphics confirmed?

Navane said:

So PS4 gimping next-gen graphics confirmed?

Well, if the rumors are true (and they were for the PS4), the NeXbox will be gimping next gen graphics.  At least multiplats.  It's supposed to have a weaker GPU than the PS4 and has slower RAM.  They are both going to be using the same CPU.  So, PS4 will probably be getting slightly better multi-plats, but its exclusives are going to be quite a bit better than the NeXbox's.

Edit: I still don't get this whole UE4 comparison.  The PS4 screenshot looks great.  It even has higher res textures in the foreground.  Yes, it doesn't simulate the DOF blur, but you can see tht everything in the background looks great.  Plus, it looks fucking gorgeous in action.

Lol why did I even click on this thread :/