By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's a mistake to think PS4/Next Xbox won't provide a generational leap in terms of graphics

The Ps4 will single-handedly drive the graphics industry to a whole new bar. It's like a super charged PC on steroid, with 2 prosethetic legs and a gun. Kaz is mad paranoid & thinks someone is in the bathroom, fires, boom boom boom, it's iwata-son and bill gaters in there, sony ftw!

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:

My concern is that there be actual and genuine innovation in gameplay.  If it is going to be more of the same, with more pretty pictures, the game is what?  If you are just going to get the whole wolvering FPS experience, where he is so wimpy he can only carry two weapons, that isn't much improvement over what is out there.  Need to see how gameplay will actually change at this point.

My only answer to this is I hope Japanese development can make a comeback with the next gen. Western developers pretty much have a set formula for games now and I don't see them changing so quickly after this gen. Sure there might be a gem or two there, but I fear most games within their respective genres will play similarly to games this gen.

leo-j said:
KHlover said:
People said the same about the PS3/Xbox360. And the WiiU. Probably also about the Nextbox. This bickering doesn't deserve any attention.

The Wii u isn't a generational leap..

Thank you for proving my point.

I feel that it's not possible to have made generational leap. Going from SD to HD is a major leap (go back and play a PS2 game to see the diff!) Going from HD to better HD isn't as big of a visual leap.

There will be graphical improvements, without question, as far as shaders and particles go. Yet, it won't have that WOW factor when you first played a PS3 game.

It's not Sony's fault, it's not anyone's fault. It's just the glass ceiling we've hit due to resolution standards in TVs. We won't see a big jump again until 4K becomes the norm in a decade or so.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

KHlover said:
leo-j said:
KHlover said:
People said the same about the PS3/Xbox360. And the WiiU. Probably also about the Nextbox. This bickering doesn't deserve any attention.

The Wii u isn't a generational leap..

Thank you for proving my point.

Exactly, the Wii U is not next-gen, it's post-gen, big difference there.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

I agree... a carefully scripted early trailer of the game did look stunning.  So did Killzone 2 way back when the PS3 was first unvieled...

Nothing was carefully scripted (as was shown on the Jimmy Fallon show). Do you mind explaining how a so called "carefully scripted" game ends up looking better than any other game?

The Killzone 2 video shown at the PS3 unveiling was a target render, which for the most part I would say the final product met.