By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's a mistake to think PS4/Next Xbox won't provide a generational leap in terms of graphics

BasilZero said:

Mario - that is all you need for me to join the bandwagon (even though I was planning to get one either ways!)

I guess people is making the same mistake that happened with Wii U: believing launch games are everything the console has to offer. Patience is what we need, it seems.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

PS4 is most definitely a generation leap compared to PS3. Anyone saying otherwise is kidding themselves.

Pavolink said:
BasilZero said:

Mario - that is all you need for me to join the bandwagon (even though I was planning to get one either ways!)

I guess people is making the same mistake that happened with Wii U: believing launch games are everything the console has to offer. Patience is what we need, it seems.

I haven't forgotten about the Wii U. The Zelda demo was enough to make me say, "Wow, next gen is here."

I don't know who the hell these people are but they were clearly snoozing off during the Deep Down trailer. If that game turns out to be 1080p60 then I'm seeing a game I expected will into the PS4's life cycle.

4 ≈ One

Well, considering that initial PS3 games looked like this:

Then yeah, it's possible to have a huge generational leap. However, considering that initial Xbox 360 games looked like this:

We could say that the generational leap won't exist. The graphics will get better, but in the end, it'll be similar to launch games.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

Why haven't you bought one yet then? NSMBU. is already on the Wii U.

On one hand people are saying it's hardly better than ps360. On the other hand people are screaming bullshot, pre rendered, and faked demo.

I can only laugh how anti PS4 people prove themselves wrong.

Gears of War had a trailer at E3 2005. I would say the graphical leap was VERY obvious in that game, as well as Kameo, which is a launch title.

In the end I imagine this is going to come down to console preference and what your idea of a generational "leap" is. I haven't seen anything on the level of Kameo or Gears of War yet. Maybe we will at E3.

I think, if anything, this is just a testament to how good the graphics are NOW.

Is there actually anyone who can claim this is not a leap?

Yoshinori Ono said this is real-time on PS4 - yes, it does look like it's rendered. But let's give a man the benefit of a doubt.

Well yeah it took Naughty Dog 3 games to use 100% of the PS3 correctly so I assume we might be in a similar situation. Comparing Uncharted 1 graphics to Uncharted 3 graphics is really amazing.