Totals games.

Wii: 15
PS3: 5
360: 7
PSP: 0
DS: 12
PC: 1
PS2: 0

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
lombard2578 said:

Comments chart track:

You have your answer kamil:

53% 360; 47 % ps3 

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=519&s=1111

EA’s ‘Burnout Paradise’ jump-starts 2008 with the largest week 4 All Formats No1 since ‘Gran Turismo 2’ 8 years ago. The first big new release of the year puts an end to Mario & Sonic’s week at the top, pushing Sega’s Wii game down to No2 (+7%) and Activision’s successful ‘Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’ (+5%) down from No2 to No3.

Released on Xbox 360 and PS3 ‘Burnout Paradise’ sales are relatively evenly split between the two formats (53% Xbox 360 and 47% PS3), topping both charts. Nintendo’s formats (Wii, DS) retain an All Formats Top 10 presence thanks to ‘Wii Play’ rising from No10 to No4 and the brain training games refusing to drop out with the original down one place to No5 and the sequel down 5 places to No10. Retailer promotions give ‘Ratatouille’ a second helping of the All Formats Top 10 as THQ’s game re-enters the Top 10, up from No30 to No9. Nintendo’s Wii Zapper title ‘Link’s Crossbow Training’ has its best week of the year, up from No22 to No15. There are 17 games in the All Formats Top 40 that are exclusive to Nintendo formats this week, while the Top 8 games in the All Formats budget chart are all only released on either DS or Wii. Nintendo also claim the only other new release to make the All Formats Top 40 chart with ‘Donkey Kong: Jet Race’ new at No33.

Nice! 47% is pretty good for an install base half the size for the 360.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

@Rukusa

EA has GOT to be happy with the way

FIFA 08, NFS : PS & now Burnout are performing on PS3...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It also strongly validates what Ioi has been telling us, Rukusa.

For some time now, he's had PS3/360 software sales at near identical levels in the EU, even though the 360's userbase is 33% bigger or more. The fact that in the UK (Where the 360's hardware advantage is most pronounced) the PS3 was able to effectively match the 360's software sales is very telling.

Whatever attach rate advantage the 360 has in America is not shared in the EU. It's entirely possible that both the Wii and the PS3 have higher month-to-month attach rates there (although I'd bet 360 is still the LTD leader simply because it's been out longer. In contrast, the 360 would still have the LTD lead in America even if we align launches).

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Maybe, we could explain the percentage with an other analysis.

360 owner have more choice for racing game that ps3 owner. so they can't ignore burnout paradise, because they have what they want. For a ps3 owner, he may have no racing game, so buy this one. Second fact, ps3 owner prefer more racing game that 360 owner who prefer fps...
For me, in first week, it's the installed base which make a big part of the numbers of a game.
In the next week, it's the weekly sales of each consoles.
So, it's obvious, that next week, the ps3 version of burmout paradise will be better that the 360 version.
Mario and Sonic is strong, because wii sales for the week must be strong and the game was sold out 3 week in end december and begin january. But even if, he is strong, it prove that burmout paradise did a good number, but not a big number as forza 2 in his first week.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:

Totals games.

well thats actually pretty impresive for wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I think Europe will be the biggest market for VG this gen. China isn't ready yet to support Asia. There is a huge potential in eastern Europe. Shit, in Poland alone we have more than 38 million citizens and Sony sold only 500k PS2 here. It will change. Same with other countries like Hungary, Romania etc. People are getting richer. Slowly but consequently.

Europe thanks to diversity leaves a lot of space for developers. I think you can't win this gen without Europe. This is the ultimate reason why MS will end up third IMHO.

Any Ideas as to why SMG fell 8 spots???

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Bodhesatva said:

Totals games.

Wow Wii has more than PS3/360/PSP/PC combined... And Wii has even more than DS... This is the best "Wii" week I have seen in the UK.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

darthdevidem01 said:
@Rukusa

EA has GOT to be happy with the way

FIFA 08, NFS : PS & now Burnout are performing on PS3...

Still doesnt matter,if the games they make are crap... well on the PS3 that is.

Just the recent comments from a MS representative about how this years version of Madden will play better on the 360 makes me really cautious of Ea's projects on the PS3.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.