By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pal Charts, Week 4: M&S strikes back

Xyrax said:
Z&W debuting higher than burnout made me lol.

well is it even released there?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

So Burnout Paradise is a little higher in UK. It's also on first place on "all formats" chart. Pretty good. I think chart-track will post X360/PS3 ratio soon.

Uncharted is doing decent in Ireland, it wasn't even in the top 20 last week if I remember right.

Zack & wiki dropped just 2 places... still hanging in there...

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Mario & Sonic owns Europe.

^by the way its selling i would agree,i wonder how long it will continue to do so

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

@rukusa: It was only once on Ireland Top 20 (excally on 18th place) and it was in 2008.

kamil said:
@rukusa: It was only once on Ireland Top 20 (excally on 18th place) and it was in 2008.

Yeah I wasn't too confident about my first statement either, probably overlooked it...

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Comments chart track:

You have your answer kamil:

53% 360; 47 % ps3 

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=519&s=1111

EA’s ‘Burnout Paradise’ jump-starts 2008 with the largest week 4 All Formats No1 since ‘Gran Turismo 2’ 8 years ago. The first big new release of the year puts an end to Mario & Sonic’s week at the top, pushing Sega’s Wii game down to No2 (+7%) and Activision’s successful ‘Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’ (+5%) down from No2 to No3.

Released on Xbox 360 and PS3 ‘Burnout Paradise’ sales are relatively evenly split between the two formats (53% Xbox 360 and 47% PS3), topping both charts. Nintendo’s formats (Wii, DS) retain an All Formats Top 10 presence thanks to ‘Wii Play’ rising from No10 to No4 and the brain training games refusing to drop out with the original down one place to No5 and the sequel down 5 places to No10. Retailer promotions give ‘Ratatouille’ a second helping of the All Formats Top 10 as THQ’s game re-enters the Top 10, up from No30 to No9. Nintendo’s Wii Zapper title ‘Link’s Crossbow Training’ has its best week of the year, up from No22 to No15. There are 17 games in the All Formats Top 40 that are exclusive to Nintendo formats this week, while the Top 8 games in the All Formats budget chart are all only released on either DS or Wii. Nintendo also claim the only other new release to make the All Formats Top 40 chart with ‘Donkey Kong: Jet Race’ new at No33.

Wondering why the drop for SMG, please don't tell me its a supply issue again...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Impressive software sales for the Wii in the UK.

Good holding for Zack & Wiki (17->19), Link's Crossbow Training(14->10), Ghost Squad (12->11), or Uncharted (20->23) for the PS3.
Sonic & the Secret Ring still in the top 40.

On the other side, a pathetic debut for Advance Wars : Dark Conflict (37), barely outselling Cooking Mama.
Nights : Journey of Dreams is nowhere to be seen. Not even in the Wii top 30.