By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Shares Have Risen After PlayStation 4 Announcement

Nintendo shares have risen after Sony revealed its long-awaited PlayStation 4 console on Wednesday. Sony’s U.S shares were down 2.7% to $14.08 by midday, with Nintendo’s shares up 2% to $11.79. Trade on the Japanese market were similar as Sony slipped about 1.8% by the close of that session, and Nintendo Japan gaining about 1.3%. There isn’t any real explanation as to why Sony shares dropped and Nintendo’s rose, but it’s good news for the Kyoto based company.

Around the Network

Aren't you the guy saying 8GB GDDR5 ram costs $400?

Guess Ill say it: Sony didn't meet peoples expectations and now the WiiU (with its current head start) is more likely to keep its lead.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Turkish said:

At least he provided a source this time...

Turkish said:

Use 3D Sony Glass to read Better http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/22/nintendo-shares-have-risen-after-playstation-4-announcement/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Around the Network

this is better, and that is weird, maybe because of the PS4 specs? i mean seeing it will obviously cost more and the industry is going to be in the position it was with Wii/PS3/360 ... mm i don't know but i'm ok with this ^^ - isn't going to damage sony

N-Magic is a fucking troll.

>User was moderated for this post [RH]

I think it's just the unpredictability of the markets, which is something I have very little knowledge of. Anyways, it's good to see Nintendo investors not panicking. As for Sony, they unveiling of the PS4 was only as bad as Nintendo's unveiling of the WiiU IMHO (they even copied that from Nintendo lol). Let's see if MS will do any better.

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

It's weird. When I started following shares last year after I joined this site, Nintendo were the ones around $14 a share or higher, and Sony were floundering around $11. Now tables have completely turned and Nintendo are celebrating a small rise while Sony shares are dropping.

As DaRev says, the markets are just unpredictable.

lol, 2% change. i've caused bigger stock market changes with a particularly smelly fart.