By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall DIRECT 1080P FEED! -LORD HAVE MERCY-

ethomaz said:
Argh_College said:
Because Sony boys think that game looks anything special when Crysis 3 is in another league already.

Pc really is a beast.

New Killzone looke better than Cysys 3 Max Setthings in 1080p IMO.

The only advantage for Crysis 3 is after 1080p resolution.

To be honest, I think Killzone 3 looks pretty much on par with Crysis 3. But what will really be the deciding factor is if and when we see the amount of animated foliage present in Crysis 3 run the same in a PS4 game. Because sure, the image fidelity seems quite on par, but one is focused on a futuristic landscape while the other is more nature-focused. Nature has more intricacies.

But really, let's admit it, Crysis 3's foliage is out of this world.

Around the Network
pezus said:
HoloDust said:
While it can be argued what tech is better (and knowing Crytek, I'd bet on them), Killzone to me subjectively looks much better - maybe it's Crytek usual mediocre art direction, or just very good one in KZ...anyhow, that city and whole playthrough look just stunning.

Yes, this. The colours, the futuristic city. It all just looked stunning.

Agreed, with both posts.  Regarding just the tech, I'd probably give the edge to Crysis 3 because I'm a sucker for 60fps and it's hard to compare a console to something running on top-tier PC hardware.  But I do think the visuals in Killzone are more interesting to look at.

Simply put, they both look great.  It's like asking who's hotter:  Natalie Portman or Emmy Rossum?  When you get to that good looking, it's just a matter of preference, lol.

guzzi said:
ethomaz said:
guzzi said:
Can somebody of the usual guys like Turkish, eThomaz and Aldro explain me, why it is okay to say:
"omfg that looks awesome!"
but when someone says
"i think crysis 3 looks better" or "mewww dont like it, looks like mass effect"
he is downplayed and critisized? is no other opinion allowed here? shall we all be on the hype-train? why?

just asking because honestly i dont think it looks that next-gen-worthy. show that to my mum and show her crysis 3 or kz3 and she would ask me: wheres the diffeence? looks okay, but shouldnt next-gen be a significant leap? at least you guys act like it is. i just dont see it.

It's the guy and not what he said.

Show to your mum Crysis 3 on PS3 and then Killzone on PS4...

I would if the PS4 was already out.

But since then i try to stay neutral and dont freak out because of one minute of gameplay, where a lot looks scripted. Just think about it...what would have happend if the Player hadnt reached the Copter? Start again? Copter waiting in air? THATS the thing i expect from next-gen: realistic behaviour of NPC-AI. Not another CoD-FPS-Shooter...

Some people like linear games, let us be!

Can't wait to see what ND can do in Uncharted 4, E3 is coming.

pezus said:
HoloDust said:
While it can be argued what tech is better (and knowing Crytek, I'd bet on them), Killzone to me subjectively looks much better - maybe it's Crytek usual mediocre art direction, or just very good one in KZ...anyhow, that city and whole playthrough look just stunning.

Yes, this. The colours, the futuristic city. It all just looked stunning.

Was very (pleasantly) surprised by that direction. One thing though I've noticed - something we were all probably looking forward to in next-gen is better physics - those enviroments look very static, I haven't seen any significant destructability in them. Not being too unrealistic of course, I believe we can expect fully destructable worlds only when we switch to voxel based engines, but at least some of that should be improved in next-gen. Looking forward to more demos in following months...

Around the Network
Birimbau said:
Can't wait to see hat ND can do in Uncharted 4, E3 is coming.

Uncharted 4 or whatever they have in store. And then, of course, let's not forget the wizardry of Santa Monica Studio!!

I don't know about you. But most of what I want in a next gen console is present in the PS4. A focus on the experience, social interactions being streamlined, more power to allow greater visual fidelity that always helps the immersion, and connectivity with my everyday life accessories (phone, tablet, PC, Vita)...

I'm not really one who enjoys things like input methods to be reinvented every gen. I don't play nearly as much as I used to because as I grow older, more and more stuff needs to be done outside of gaming. So when I finally hook to my game systems, I like to feel at home. The PS4 seems to be making a lot of effort into making sure I feel this way. Streamlined, simple and elegant. 

So yeah, consider me greatly interested.

Now, I can't wait to see what Microsoft has in store. They've been perfecting streamlined console experience for quite some time now. Let's hope they come up with something really sleak for their next Box. 

This gen will be a very interesting one. =D

Yeah suck it!!! I so called it!!! None of it was FMV. Also player has full control after getting off the helicopter. During the ride the clothe and other things are dynamic.

AND GRAPHICS ARE EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE said:
Why don´t you watch a movie guys?

that's pretty much like me saying why not buy an snes if you want to play the same old mario games from over 2 decades ago isn't it?

o_O.Q said:
POE said:
Why don´t you watch a movie guys?

that's pretty much like me saying why not buy an snes if you want to play the same old mario games from over 2 decades ago isn't it?

I laughed pretty hard xD

HOLY BALLS