By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone: Shadowfall will be 1080p/30FPS

Why are people acting like they can't do 1080p at 60fps. Just because GG decides to go with 1080p at 30fps everybody's like erhmagawd ps4 can't do 1080p at 60fps. Let's just wait till someone actually decides to make a game at 60fps and then let's talk about if ps4 is really capable of it while keeping it locked at a constant framerate.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
As a hardcore gamer, I want moar power. 1080p and 60fps should have been standard this generation, but apparently Sony cut some corners to get the manufacturing cost down.

Guys, 60fps for a console game is a devoleper decision. Even if PS4 had better specs it would still be in 30fps, GG would want to max out the graphics instead of FPS.

Sacrifice graphics for FPS or FPS for graphics. Devolepers choose.

disolitude said:
That's disappointing if it's the reality for next gen. I'd take 720p@60 fps over 1080p@30 any day.

Kind of comes back to question the power of these next gen consoles. Without Windows OS running in the background and with direct level to GPU hardware, if the best these consoles can do for AAA titles is 1080p@30, they are not very powerful machines.

It also could be something that improves after the first gen of games...

720p looks god awful compared to 1080p.  As long as the framerate doesn't drop below 30, it looks fine.  It has nothing to do with strength, developers will always choose 30.

Plus that means powerful PC's will be able to run prettier games at 30 FPS, instead of ugly games at 60 with no higher settings to choose from.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
disolitude said:
That's disappointing if it's the reality for next gen. I'd take 720p@60 fps over 1080p@30 any day.

Kind of comes back to question the power of these next gen consoles. Without Windows OS running in the background and with direct level to GPU hardware, if the best these consoles can do for AAA titles is 1080p@30, they are not very powerful machines.

720p looks god awful compared to 1080p.  As long as the framerate doesn't drop below 30, it looks fine.  It has nothing to do with strength, developers will always choose 30.

Plus that means powerful PC's will be able to run prettier games at 30 FPS, instead of ugly games at 60 with no higher settings to choose from.

Ni No Kuni is a beautiful game, but on a 65" T.V. it looks blurry as shit. I'll take 1080p over 60fps, i'm ok with 30fps if it's stable.

BasilZero said:
dahuman said:
leatherhat said:
Are we really complaining about gameplay from a single demo designed to show off the world/graphics? Without multiplayer?

well lets not forget about the possibility of another awesome exclusive that could be coming to the PS4:

What the...didnt this come out on PS3?

PS3 can't run that lol

Around the Network

This will be a big disappointment to people who claimed PS4 will do games at no less than 60 fps. There were quite a few on this website

Eddie_Raja said:
disolitude said:

It only looks god awful when playing on a monitor or on a bigger than 55" TV. 720p looks almost indistinguishable from 1080p on my 42" Plasma TV, but maybe that's because the TV itself is not Full HD. I already played a few other PC games in a 55" Plasma, and yeah, at 720P, it looks bad.

I take back the FMV comments BTW, I just watched the video in pretty good quality and realized that the assets weren't very high quality, not yet anyways, but it still looks nice for early footage.

As long as it is locked at 30fps it is perfectly fine. Even if you gave them a 3.4GHZ i7, a GTX Titan, 16GB GDDR5 at 500GB/s they would still run the games at 1080p/30fps because they would be able to achieve more. With set hardware specs devs will always push the hardware the absolute limit, because they know that every system will run it the same.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

I'm a bit disappointed at the replies of some of the knowledgeable people to this thread.
As we all know, 30 FPS vs 60 FPS is a choice by developers. Now, 60FPS might be a must for quick twitch gaming and that includes some FPS games, but not the Killzone series. In Killzone you move slower, you (should) take your time aiming, you don't do precision fast turns (not that you do in many console FPS titles), so a steady 30 FPS is more than enough. Gime long draw distances and spectacular magnificent large level architecture over useless 60FPS in such games.