By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Technically the Wii U isn't the only thing that Sony copied. After watching the announcement, they have also copied the Kinect from Microsoft. Their new Playstation Eye with dual IR camera is essentially....a stripped down Kinect. Which Sony claims is used for sensing the location and depth (as to how close or far) of the Dual Shock 4 controller.

Sony did not really announce anything "Innovative" it was just a culmination of things they've borrowed from other companies (Facebook, Nintendo, Micorsoft, Steam, etc.) and slapped last generation PC hardware. I'm surprised there's no "Like" button on that Dual Shock 4 controller.

Around the Network

Sooooooo wrong! EyeToy says hello.

I'm off to bed.

yes.. remember Eye Toy before Kinect? oh yeh...

i love how wrong you are though. Cute.

I swear Nintendo gamers will never give anything to Sony ever. Sony started on camera motion gaming almost a decade before Microsoft ever got their hands on the Kinect tech. In fact, Sony turned down the device that would later be known as the Kinect after Microsoft saw what Nintendo and Sony were doing in the first place. Microsoft is last in innovation, but first in marketability and paying to get the R&D done properly. Sometimes I wish Sony was never around so people could realize the gaming industry would never be as big as it is without them. Microsoft would not be in the gaming industry without Sony, period. All companies have become as competitive as they can be when it comes to that.

N-Magic said:

Technically the Wii U isn't the only thing that Sony copied. After watching the announcement, they have also copied the Kinect from Microsoft. Their new Playstation Eye with dual IR camera is essentially....a stripped down Kinect. Which Sony claims is used for sensing the location and depth (as to how close or far) of the Dual Shock 4 controller.

Sony did not really announce anything "Innovative" it was just a culmination of things they've borrowed from other companies (Facebook, Nintendo, Micorsoft, Steam, etc.) and slapped last generation PC hardware. I'm surprised there's no "Like" button on that Dual Shock 4 controller.

Around the Network
N-Magic said:

What? You're saying the WiiU copied PSP and PS3 Remote Play and Microsoft copied the Eyetoy?

k

wow dude don't be a party pooper.

Bet with ninjablade:

Ninjablade wins if the next 5 multiplat on the wii u are inferior to the 360 version.

I win if one of the 5 mulitplats are on par or superior on the Wii U.

Innovation will come in the forms of games, not gimmicks, developers are at a huge bottleneck currently. If it wasn't already clear PS fans aren't interested in motion controls, otherwise they would play other consoles.