By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - F*ck Me I am getting a PS4 day 1 who else

Are you buying ps4 day 1

Yes 244 42.29%

No 170 29.46%

Not day 1 but launch window 84 14.56%

after price 79 13.69%

Total:577

Not day one here but I think middle of 2014 for sure.

Around the Network

It is going to cost probably 1000 DOLLARS here in Brazil (PS3 is 600 dollars here still), BUT, yes, day one for me.

In time: A high end pc in Brazil is 2000 dollars, everything here sucks.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Their showing was impressive, for sure. I'm waiting until E3 for some more details/ game announcements, and then of course what it really boils down to is what I can get day one. Otherwise I can wait until holiday 2014.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

I went into Gamestop today and got put on a waiting list to preorder, def day 1 purchase for me. Im hoping Deep Down is a launch title and replicates what we saw (insane) also if they bundled KZ4 i think this could be one of Sonys best launches.

Honestly I am, but a little skeptical about the power. Waiting to hear from Microsoft. If theirs is close to the PS4, Sony's will be the only one I buy this Gen. I just don't care about MS first party games. They honestly blow, IMO. Right now, it's MicroSofts to lose, and all Sony to gain. But maybe in the end, I might just support whom ever drops first. As I am ready for the next gen.

Around the Network
Chandler said:

Why? They didn't show anything. Knack and Witness were the only interesting games, the rest was CGI and concept stuff and a lot of promises ready to be broken. Can't wait for deep down to enter development hell.

I know this comment is two days old and already adressed but I can't read it and not post this:

Yeah I'm getting it day one for sure. I'm a video gamer.

SvennoJ said:
I'll wait to see what games actually get released with the console after getting burned with the Wii U.

Don't worry, the games you want will come much sooner than the price-cut, you didn't get burned. And I expect the same with the PS4, if you have the money and already played everything from the past gen it's best to make the jump as soon as you can.

I have not read the whole thread. However, I will fuck you, gently, if you allow me :3

Considering most third party games will be released on the PS3 and that cloud streaming will not work properly at my location, Sony is asking me a lot of money to trade all the games I already purchased for the PS3 for a minor update in graphics and a few exclusives. Not a good deal.

forevercloud3000 said:

I see that some people were going to be dissatisfied regardless of what Sony showed, and some the opposite. Regardless, Sony is pulling out all the stops.

I also find it funny that some of you are like "Boring, Generic, Didn't Show anything", when obviously you were watching the Meeting with your eyes closed while going "LALALALALALALA!!!"
Winning factors shown....
-Watch Dogs and Destiny, both Multiplatform but their appearance means they will be right on par if not better on PS4 this go around. Ubisoft and Activision's presence speaks much about the console's standing with them. PS4 will not be second fiddle to MS's willingness to open their check book.

-Killzone Shadow Fall, dem graphics, amazing! Many want to say its CG due to the disparity with KZ2 TECH Demo. I would like to point out that GG did get very close to that level of fidelity with KZ2 and hit it with KZ3. Why this is a mark against them, I will never know.

-Drive Club, a graphics whore's wet dream.

-A "FF" game will assuredly be at Sony's E3. This screams Versus XIII. I was actually hoping they would reveal it there but they have decided to save this Megaton for Later. Regardless, FF is one of the more commanding IPs in gaming. Will be super hyped to see what it is. Also if it is debuting at Sony's conf,and needed to be announced before hand.....probably exclusive.

-Deep Down......looks amazing. The More RPGs the better, and It might be a launch game so count me in.

-Infamous Second Son. I am all about this series, one of my favorites on PS3 (I2's endings are some of the best writing in an action game). Launch Window

-Other games for the more Casual centric crowd like Knack and The Witness.

-Sony says they will not block Used Games

-Cloud gaming integration with Gakai which can lead to some great functionalities.

-Controller actually sounds like a vast improvement from the normal Dualshock without being too costly or alienating fans of the controller(Further spaced Sticks, Share Button, Triggers, Mic jack, Touch Pad, etc)

All of this, while knowing they will assuredly have even more Megatons at E3. In comparison, WiiU showed "nothing new or interesting" when they originally unveiled the WiiU. I distinctly remember the only console exclusive to be shown or even acknowledged to exist was........Nintendoland and Lego City......

So for me, launch Day if I can sum up the cash, if not then definitely within the Window.

but withoute showing offe the console it is nothing...

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’