By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Official Resistance 2 Screenshots (breathtaking)

looks really great hopefully they will show gameplay at E3

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network
Blaiyan said:
Looks great. Yeah those are clearer pics but the same as the game informers ones. I read gamestop has this coming out on september 3rd but you know those dates are subject to change.

insomniac is real good at sticking to dates unlike other companies...  i got the fall lineup looking like this for ps3 exclusive shooters

• Haze -  August
  • Resistance 2 september
  • killzone2 november

just like the 360's lineup of last year... sony is really following their tracks...lol

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

EHSTEVE said:
I've noticed that they are all in 1080x1920 resolution!
There is no way that this game will run in 1920x1080 on the PS3's hardware....

epsilon72 said:
EHSTEVE said:
I've noticed that they are all in 1080x1920 resolution!
There is no way that this game will run in 1920x1080 on the PS3's hardware....

Technically it's possible (1080p at 60 FPS even), the Cell is a monster and the overall PS3 architecture is impressive, but the game complexity is such a huge jump with regard to geometry (like the alian spacecraft hovering over the golden gate bridge) and huge boss fights, if they pull this off with Resistance 2 I would be even more impressed than I already am. My guess, Resistance 3 will probably achieve this or come close to achieving this (upscaling from 1080p resolution to FullHD).

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I don't know, most of you people expect from the PS3 greater technical wonders that can't be achieved currently on PC's with better gfc cards and greater amount of RAM.
If the Cell was so powerful to sweep the board with gfx on par with crysis or better (as some seem to actually believe) we would already have crysis on the PS3 and any other game with such visuals a lot earlier out than now. Above all that the PS3 would cost more like 1600$, not 600$ at launch :P

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network
Wojtas said:
I don't know, most of you people expect from the PS3 greater technical wonders that can't be achieved currently on PC's with better gfc cards and greater amount of RAM.
If the Cell was so powerful to sweep the board with gfx on par with crysis or better (as some seem to actually believe) we would already have crysis on the PS3 and any other game a lot earlier out than now. Above all that the PS3 would cost more like 1600$, not 600$ at launch :P

you're right but majority of gamers arent pc gamers..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Wojtas said:
If the Cell was so powerful to sweep the board with gfx on par with crysis or better (as some seem to actually believe) we would already have crysis on the PS3 and any other game a lot earlier out than now. Above all that the PS3 would cost more like 1600$, not 600$ at launch :P

LMAO

It took 5 years for devs to use PS2s full capability, and PS3 is no esier to code for then PS2 was.

You expect them to max out the Cell/RSX potential in its first year, are you high ?

Crisis like games will be on PS3, just not right now. 

Bonafide732 said:
Blaiyan said:
Looks great. Yeah those are clearer pics but the same as the game informers ones. I read gamestop has this coming out on september 3rd but you know those dates are subject to change.

insomniac is real good at sticking to dates unlike other companies...  i got the fall lineup looking like this for ps3 exclusive shooters

• Haze -  August
  • Resistance 2 september
  • killzone2 november

just like the 360's lineup of last year... sony is really following their tracks...lol

if those release dates come true that would be truely amazing

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

very amazing, even if it's not my style of game..... ;p

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Wojtas said:
If the Cell was so powerful to sweep the board with gfx on par with crysis or better (as some seem to actually believe) we would already have crysis on the PS3 and any other game with such visuals a lot earlier out than now. Above all that the PS3 would cost more like 1600$, not 600$ at launch :P

I think you are underestimating the amount of time and effort required to port legacy game engines over to the Cell's SPEs. Ever since I digged into the Cell's architecture years before the PS3 was released I understood this. Back in 2005 I publically stated it would take some time to fully adapt legacy engines and Insomniac accomplished this faster than I expected.

Just because Insomniac was so quick to realize this milestone, for others it may prove to be a much more difficult task. A 600 dollar PC doesn't even run Windows Vista well enough, Windows drains a lot of system resources which could be used for games. The Cell cannot be easily compared to the cost of PC CPUs, x86 CPU have to take a lot of legacy bagage with them when advancing. The Cell is a radically different approach, that's why the Cell outperforms much more expensive PC desktop CPUs at medical research, university projects as well as with regard to mature game engine related functionality.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales