By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Official Resistance 2 Screenshots (breathtaking)

ssj12 said:
starcraft said:
OK, they look alright. I will pick this game, but so far it is not the orgasmic eye-candy fest people are claiming. And for the person that mentioned the lighting, once again it is good but not fantastic. Halo 3 for example had better lighting (though lighting was one of that games strong-suits).

yes the lighting is better in Halo 3.. if you like super intense bloom effects

ssj12, there are many areas of Halo 3's graphics that can be easily criticised, but don't try to attack it's lighting effects, you'll make yourself look a bit silly.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

The pictures look great, not the best but we still have until November until the game comes out. And i'm pretty sure the game will be 60FPS, they said all their new games will be at 60FPS like R&C.

About Halo3, some parts of the game look beyond anything else, but some parts look very last gen, from my time playing the game it looks like parts of the game were made on the xbox and the others are on the 360, its a very odd game. And just last night i beat the game on Legendary, it was very easy compared to halo2, the only Halo i never beat on Legendary.

They really look great!!
But, is there something wrong with the Chimeras? They look different (& worse).

gamingdevil said:
They really look great!!
But, is there something wrong with the Chimeras? They look different (& worse).

I think its just a different type of Chimera, maybe some sort of advanced trooper, i'm sure you will see all the different types of chimera in this game.  They resemble one of the larger chimera, the ones you fight later on in the game.

the wow starts now

no, seriously, it wasn't that great 

Around the Network

Cue a bunch of folks claiming it's pre-rendered...
@Dallinor: It looks truly awesome! But being on the PS3, only a handfull of users will appreciate that. Expect a whole lot of bashing.

Amazing looking stuff, I want this game even more (60 player online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

One more:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/142/14211237/img_5222072.html

It looks nice, but not breathtaking.
And the enemy design, hm :O

The game looks amazing! Insomniac is very impressive, they have nearly ported their entire engine to the Cell's SPEs already (faster than I thought would happen), I think this game will differentiate the PS3 from any other platform available.

"Propriety game systems are now being heavily farmed out to the PS3's SPUs, keeping the central PPU as a sort of traffic cop that organizes what gets attention at any given moment. In simple terms, the game is taking much better advantage of the untapped potential of the console. In regard to visuals, the expanded use of the SPUs means more enemies on screen, significantly more complex AI from all of those foes and dramatically expanded options for special effects."

Source: Game Informer

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales