By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Takes A Swipe At Both Nintendo & Microsoft. Is It In Good Spirits?

VGChartz replied:

Shit got serious 53 31.93%

Oh no they didn't 31 18.67%

Whatever... 81 48.80%

Total:165

Sony is already going back to their arrogant ways.. Jeez, all it took was one year of PS3 selling the most home consoles. We all saw what happened in 2005/2006 when they acted the same.

Around the Network

It's funny how no one can answer the simple question of where the fuck are these ads showing up. No, it's much easier for Nintendo and MS fans to just start hating. While that is quite amusing to watch, it's just going to make them look foolish if these ad turn out, as I expect, to be fan made. Whether that fan is a Sony one going a little overboard or a Nintendo/MS fan trying to start the hate.

Metallicube said:

Sony is already going back to their arrogant ways.. Jeez, all it took was one year of PS3 selling the most home consoles. We all saw what happened in 2005/2006 when they acted the same.

This time they are revealing first, and we haven't seen the price or hardware yet. They might have a reason to be arrogant. If they nail the presser and hardware tonight, they will be golden.

VetteDude said:
Metallicube said:

This time they are revealing first, and we haven't seen the price or hardware yet. They might have a reason to be arrogant. If they nail the presser and hardware tonight, they will be golden.

We'll know if they nailed hardware only after several millions people will buy PS4 and be satisfied with it... All we have now - is thin air full of hopes and dreams. We'll see what this dreams turn into few months after worldwide launch...

fake

Around the Network

Well when you dont bundle a headset, offcourse the 12 year olds arent going to trash talk when you cant hear them. Solid strategy Sony

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

cmeese47 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
They should focus on their own product, not their competitors. Ads like these reek of insecurity, and usually backfire.

Best console with the best games and the only real system worth a spot in the living room because of the beautiful built in bluray player. I think they are doing fine.

Sales aren't as rosey though for the brand in general, especially not in the wake of the PS2. Other than that I agree with you.

DanneSandin said:

Ok, i like this one hahaha

RolStoppable said:
As it is, there are more non-Sony consumers than Sony consumers in the video games market. In theory, non-Sony consumers are potential Sony consumers. Is it a good idea to tell potential consumers that what they have sucks?

I am not sure if the stuff posted in the OP is actual Sony marketing. What I do know though is that Jack Tretton is a strong believer in the idea that insulting potential consumers is good.

They're not insulting the consumers. So unless you are Nintendo or a 13-year old trash talker, I wouldn't be offended.

Are you tired of Mario games? Try something new with the PS4!
Tried of trash-talking kids? Be an early PS4 adopter and play with some with adult gamers.

That's their message.(If these ads are real)

VGKing said:
RolStoppable said:
As it is, there are more non-Sony consumers than Sony consumers in the video games market. In theory, non-Sony consumers are potential Sony consumers. Is it a good idea to tell potential consumers that what they have sucks?

I am not sure if the stuff posted in the OP is actual Sony marketing. What I do know though is that Jack Tretton is a strong believer in the idea that insulting potential consumers is good.

They're not insulting the consumers. So unless you are Nintendo or a 13-year old trash talker, I wouldn't be offended.

Are you tired of Mario games? Try something new with the PS4!
Tried of trash-talking kids? Be an early PS4 adopter and play without headsets included!

That's their message.(If these ads are real)

Surprised people think only kids trash talk on 360 as the demographics are the same for both consoles. Most kids are just too lazy to buy their own headset to work (also, who the hell owns a non-gaming headset anymore...this isnt the 90s).

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.