By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What if Sony fails to get investor interest on Feb 20th?

wfz said:
*Sony announces new console*

Investors: "Sony isn't investing all of their IPs into MOBILE?! Abandon ship!"

This.

haxxiy said:

I think you are simply creating a ratiocination as to bend and look at things in a way to make your own choices and opinions look better in comparison. You posted it not to discuss it as it should be expected, but to have us to agree with your subconscious lines of thinking and reaffirm your logical bias.

Sorry man, but perhaps the best thing for you right now is to move away from VGC and the Sony meeting for a while. It does you no good to torture yourself every day looking at the sales page or the recent influx of news and there's a whole life to be lived out there

This.

Around the Network
fordy said:
teigaga said:

lol,

who cares what investors think. All that matters is that the gamer is excited and picks up the console. That is how sony will make money and that is how their share prices will rise and investor confidence will be restored.

You should...

Investor confidence will determine if the PS4 will retail at, for example, $399 or $599. Little investor confidence before release = Sony forced to sell console closer to parity. Investments AFTER Sony announces the price make little difference and are generally considered LOW ROI due to the fact that it's no longer high risk.

This I highly doubt. I think its more likely Sony's price will be 90% based on their own internal expectation. Sony are not going to sacrifice billions in revenue because investors think the console should retail at $200 lower then what they're internal calculations suggest. Investors response will closely be based on media response which will probably be in tune with consumer response, so again all that matters is that gamers are excited.

Lawlight said:
fordy said:
Lawlight said:
If the event is for investors, why is it a streamed one? The event is clearly for gamers and the media.

What do you think the majority of "unknown" investors use? the media? Nooo, say it aint so!

I can bet you anything you like that Sony has invited a HORDE of "trusted" investors to this conference. Care to disagree with this?

I'm sure they have. But I'm also sure they've invited many more developers and members of the press.

Several articles have pointed that Sony HAS invited investors to this meeting. Media will attract attention from other investors. Development work is an "investment" too, you know. However, I'm pretty certain that their primary focus will be in financial investors at this time, in order to build some reserves before they announce anything final, like a price.

_crazy_man_ said:

Unless Sony announces an absurd price (most likely won't get price anyways) or reveals some major downside (no used games, must always be online etc.) then it should generally be positive.  Heck they might not show any games at all,  though I think at the very least we will get reveal trailers/screen shots, and it should be fine.

So you're confident in saying that if Sony present it as "a lot of the same as last time, but improved graphics", there would be no problem with investor interest? Dare I ask how that worked out with the Vita?

You're "worried" about nothing.

Around the Network
fordy said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Unless Sony announces an absurd price (most likely won't get price anyways) or reveals some major downside (no used games, must always be online etc.) then it should generally be positive.  Heck they might not show any games at all,  though I think at the very least we will get reveal trailers/screen shots, and it should be fine.

So you're confident in saying that if Sony present it as "a lot of the same as last time, but improved graphics", there would be no problem with investor interest? Dare I ask how that worked out with the Vita?

Yeps. Btw, no one said that investors weren't invited. They are just the minority of attendees compared to the media and developers and Sony employees.

fordy said:
_crazy_man_ said:

I guess I was talkin from a typical Sony fan reaction.

Investors are kinda unpredictable.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Lawlight said:
fordy said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Yeps. Btw, no one said that investors weren't invited. They are just the minority of attendees compared to the media and developers and Sony employees.

Care to have a proven source on what % attending are investors? There has been no talk on how much are investors and how much are others.

fordy said:
Lawlight said:
fordy said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Care to have a proven source on what % attending are investors? There has been no talk on how much are investors and how much are others.

I can ask the same thing. All I'm seeing are developers tweeting that they are in NYC.

On the thread topic directly, then Sony is doomed.
However, that event is very unlikely. They must screw up really badly to do that. Like worse than blocking Used games bad. Even delaying the PS4 announcement would not probably be as bad. The rumors are already hyping several consumers and probably quite a few investors.

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842