By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What if Sony fails to get investor interest on Feb 20th?

Lawlight said:
fordy said:
Lawlight said:
fordy said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Unless Sony announces an absurd price (most likely won't get price anyways) or reveals some major downside (no used games, must always be online etc.) then it should generally be positive.  Heck they might not show any games at all,  though I think at the very least we will get reveal trailers/screen shots, and it should be fine.

So you're confident in saying that if Sony present it as "a lot of the same as last time, but improved graphics", there would be no problem with investor interest? Dare I ask how that worked out with the Vita?

Yeps. Btw, no one said that investors weren't invited. They are just the minority of attendees compared to the media and developers and Sony employees.

Care to have a proven source on what % attending are investors? There has been no talk on how much are investors and how much are others.

I can ask the same thing. All I'm seeing are developers tweeting that they are in NYC.

Because that's the primary goal of the initial period: investment.

Sony can not be as incognito as previous generations, because they require financial investors to get it produced. They no longer have that luxury, because of their debt and bad credit rating, hence the meeting before E3 (where the more explicit details would be revealed).

Around the Network
AstroGamer said:
On the thread topic directly, then Sony is doomed.
However, that event is very unlikely. They must screw up really badly to do that. Like worse than blocking Used games bad. Even delaying the PS4 announcement would not probably be as bad. The rumors are already hyping several consumers and probably quite a few investors.

What aspects do you feel are hyping investors?

Keep in mind that these guys are not easy to impress, especially when it's their money that they're investing in it.

Are they going to be issuing new stock?

fordy said:
AstroGamer said:
However, that event is very unlikely. They must screw up really badly to do that. Like worse than blocking Used games bad. Even delaying the PS4 announcement would not probably be as bad. The rumors are already hyping several consumers and probably quite a few investors.

Keep in mind that these guys are not easy to impress, especially when it's their money that they're investing in it.

Hard to say but if Sony has an Apple-like event being prepared, I imagine a few investors have their interests piqued. If they are observing forums or games sites (which I doubt), they might see the large commotion generated by the PS4 rumors and be more interested

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

fordy said:
Lawlight said:
fordy said:
Lawlight said:
fordy said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Unless Sony announces an absurd price (most likely won't get price anyways) or reveals some major downside (no used games, must always be online etc.) then it should generally be positive.  Heck they might not show any games at all,  though I think at the very least we will get reveal trailers/screen shots, and it should be fine.

So you're confident in saying that if Sony present it as "a lot of the same as last time, but improved graphics", there would be no problem with investor interest? Dare I ask how that worked out with the Vita?

Yeps. Btw, no one said that investors weren't invited. They are just the minority of attendees compared to the media and developers and Sony employees.

Care to have a proven source on what % attending are investors? There has been no talk on how much are investors and how much are others.

I can ask the same thing. All I'm seeing are developers tweeting that they are in NYC.

Sony can not be as incognito as previous generations, because they require financial investors to get it produced. They no longer have that luxury, because of their debt and bad credit rating, hence the meeting before E3 (where the more explicit details would be revealed).

Lol. As if the PS4 won't be produced if investors aren't keen on it. The majority of the costs has already been incurred in R&D.

Around the Network
Akvod said:

That depends on how they approach it...

They might issue some kind of special bonds that go directly towards the PS4, but if they're confident enough, they'd just hope for investment against the company, which benefits all of Sony's departments. Of course, that plays the PS4 news against other company news, like its failing TV market.

fordy said:
Akvod said:

They might issue some kind of special bonds that go directly towards the PS4, but if they're confident enough, they'd just hope for investment against the company, which benefits all of Sony's departments. Of course, that plays the PS4 news against other company news, like its failing TV market.

"special bonds that go directly towards the PS4"?????

AstroGamer said:
fordy said:
AstroGamer said:

Hard to say but if Sony has an Apple-like event being prepared, I imagine a few investors have their interests piqued. If they are observing forums or games sites (which I doubt), they might see the large commotion generated by the PS4 rumors and be more interested

Yeah, but if somebody is investing based solely on a bunch of Kaz avatars, then they pretty much aren't a smart investor.

Lawlight said:
fordy said:
Lawlight said:
fordy said:
Lawlight said:
fordy said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Lol. As if the PS4 won't be produced if investors aren't keen on it. The majority of the costs has already been incurred in R&D.

So if Sony decides to sell the console for a loss for initial rampup, where do you think the money incurred from loss from manufacturing is going to come from?

R&D is done yes, but it takes a LOT of money to manufacture MILLIONS of consoles...

Akvod said:
fordy said:
Akvod said:

"special bonds that go directly towards the PS4"?????

I don't know what they call it there, but I'll give you an example:

One of our main newspaper publishers, PBL, issued a type of bond known as PARS, which were guided towards investment in an exclusive department of PBL. As such, it was issued a different code on the Australian Stock Exchange, and sold for a different amount than the PBL stock price.