By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What if Sony fails to get investor interest on Feb 20th?

only big worry is the price.
Ideally, this will retail for 399-449 and have a subscription option to bring it down to 250-300

Around the Network

I think you are simply creating a ratiocination as to bend and look at things in a way to make your own choices and opinions look better in comparison. You posted it not to discuss it as it should be expected, but to have us to agree with your subconscious lines of thinking and reaffirm your logical bias.

Sorry man, but perhaps the best thing for you right now is to move away from VGC and the Sony meeting for a while. It does you no good to torture yourself every day looking at the sales page or the recent influx of news and there's a whole life to be lived out there

Sony has got this,

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

If the event is for investors, why is it a streamed one? The event is clearly for gamers and the media.

theprof00 said:
they're making some good moves.
connect with mobile. watch friends play in real time. connect with psn users over mobile. stream to vita. local lan with vita crossplay. streaming services through cloud.
half of these things are buzzword goldmines. investors will only hear "expand mobile" "cloud computing" "social network play" "streaming". That's all it will take and investors will be "streaming" in their pants.

Those are good points!

Would the whole PS Vita debacle hurt them if they happen to mention "expand mobile"? 

Cloud gaming will be interesting to see how it's perceived, considering a lot of factors are still being ironed out, such as latency. Nevertheless, I still see it as a future movement...

Around the Network
teigaga said:

lol,

who cares what investors think. All that matters is that the gamer is excited and picks up the console. That is how sony will make money and that is how their share prices will rise and investor confidence will be restored.

You should...

Investor confidence will determine if the PS4 will retail at, for example, $399 or $599. Little investor confidence before release = Sony forced to sell console closer to parity. Investments AFTER Sony announces the price make little difference and are generally considered LOW ROI due to the fact that it's no longer high risk.

haxxiy said:

I think you are simply creating a ratiocination as to bend and look at things in a way to make your own choices and opinions look better in comparison. You posted it not to discuss it as it should be expected, but to have us to agree with your subconscious lines of thinking and reaffirm your logical bias.

Sorry man, but perhaps the best thing for you right now is to move away from VGC and the Sony meeting for a while. It does you no good to torture yourself every day looking at the sales page or the recent influx of news and there's a whole life to be lived out there

Do you want to contribute constructively to this thread, or do you wish to keep assuming?

Lawlight said:
If the event is for investors, why is it a streamed one? The event is clearly for gamers and the media.

What do you think the majority of "unknown" investors use? the media? Nooo, say it aint so!

I can bet you anything you like that Sony has invited a HORDE of "trusted" investors to this conference. Care to disagree with this?

fordy said:
Lawlight said:

What do you think the majority of "unknown" investors use? the media? Nooo, say it aint so!

I can bet you anything you like that Sony has invited a HORDE of "trusted" investors to this conference. Care to disagree with this?

I'm sure they have. But I'm also sure they've invited many more developers and members of the press.

Unless Sony announces an absurd price (most likely won't get price anyways) or reveals some major downside (no used games, must always be online etc.) then it should generally be positive.  Heck they might not show any games at all,  though I think at the very least we will get reveal trailers/screen shots, and it should be fine.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)