By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Franchise Has 100's Of Playable Characters! Who's Your Top 5?

Gilliam
Colm
Eirika
Garcia
Moulder

I only played Sacred Stones :(

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

In no order, and this for not just liking their character but actual usefulness in game as well:

Kent (from FE7)

Titania

Ike

Gaius

Vaike

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Chandler said:
Gilliam
Colm
Eirika
Garcia
Moulder

I only played Sacred Stones :(

Man, I forgot Colm, he's epic!

Otakumegane said:
osed125 said:

WHAT!? I knew he was Branded but not that he was the son of Ashnard...this changes everything.

If you played through it like 3 times or so like I did you might see the special epilogue at the end that explains it all.

You had to:

1: Import a PoR save with an Ike-Soren A support

2: In chapter 3-7, Ike has to confront the Black Knight (not too hard, as long as you make sure that it happens at the absolute end of the absolute last round) *and* Soren has to confront Micaiah (very hard. Squishy mage Soren can't be dropped in the middle of all those dudes, especially with the Black Knight around)

3: Pelleas must live.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Otakumegane said:
osed125 said:

WHAT!? I knew he was Branded but not that he was the son of Ashnard...this changes everything.

If you played through it like 3 times or so like I did you might see the special epilogue at the end that explains it all.

You had to:

2: In chapter 3-7, Ike has to confront the Black Knight (not too hard, as long as you make sure that it happens at the absolute end of the absolute last round) *and* Soren has to confront Micaiah (very hard. Squishy mage Soren can't be dropped in the middle of all those dudes, especially with the Black Knight around)

Oh those are the conditions? Never bothered to look them up. I just naturally did it on my 3rd playthrough or something.

(Wanted to see all them battle convos)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Otakumegane said:
Mr Khan said:

You had to:

Oh those are the conditions? Never bothered to look them up. I just naturally did it on my 3rd playthrough or something.

The actual conditions are (on a new game plus):

Soren Epilogue scene

• Make Soren fight Micaiah in Part 3 Chapter 7.
  • Choose not to kill Pelleas in Part 3 Chapter 13.
  • Make Soren fight Pelleas in Part 3 Final Chapter.
  • Soren and Pelleas both survive until the end of the game.
  • During the Epilogue, an extra scene will appear where Almedha briefly speaks with Soren.

Still not as bad as trying to find Stefan without help.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

pmaster4 said:
Ike
Hector
Lyn
Guy - i know he was not the best swordsman but guy was .... cool
Jafar??? i can't remember his name but that assassin from the first game that u had to use the mage to get

Jaffar war so overpowered for the longest time after you got him, partially because of the massive +crit on his daggers, but by end game the stat deficits from a pre-promoted unit were too crippling to be of much use anymore. Matthew ended up as a much better assassin. But he was pretty badass.

1) Henry
2) Henry
3) Henry
4) Henry
5) Henry

Otakumegane said:
RolStoppable said:
Otakumegane said:
Mr Khan said:

You had to:

The actual conditions are (on a new game plus):

Soren Epilogue scene

• Make Soren fight Micaiah in Part 3 Chapter 7.
  • Choose not to kill Pelleas in Part 3 Chapter 13.
  • Make Soren fight Pelleas in Part 3 Final Chapter.
  • Soren and Pelleas both survive until the end of the game.
  • During the Epilogue, an extra scene will appear where Almedha briefly speaks with Soren.

Still not as bad as trying to find Stefan without help.

Ehh, people who played PoR would know that if he was in the game, you could likely find him in the obligatory desert level, and if they recalled what Stefan is, might even be able to piece together who would be good to recruit him (or get the patently wrong idea and try to use laguz for it, rather than a Branded).

I retract my statement.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

RolStoppable said:
homer said:
Now that you mention this, I realize how unmemorable 99% of fire emblem characters are. Most of them seem like stock characters anyways whereas other rpgs such as chrono trigger pretty much is comprised of solely memorable characters. Maybe that isn't a fair comparison though because Chrono trigger is actually a good rpg. Probably Ike or Marth or Sothe or Zelgius.

Integrating an extensive background story for six characters is certainly easier than doing the same for 30+ characters. Additionally, a lot of the background stories in FE games are in support conversations, so unless you play a game multiple times and specifically aim for support conversations, you will miss out on most of them. If you use Lucca as the bar for memorable, then the majority of FE characters meet that threshold.

This is true. I suppose the use of such a large cast of characters would make it much harder to actually develop a character to the point where I would actually care if they die but maybe the reason why I am so disgruntled over the lack of quality character development is because Fire Emblem sells itself on the gimmick that once dead remain dead. I literally only keep people alive because I am OCD. I suppose the game could encourage keeping allies alive by having the game be harder with less soldiers, but even then, don't the newest games have stock characters to fill in in case of too many casualties not that one would need them considering how the game seems to flood you with meaningless characters?I feel more attachment to my crew I made from XCOM then characters such as Danved, Dandev, Astrid, Seth, Jagen, and I don't know those are the only names I actually remember. I personally don't believe Fire Emblem will ever manage to be a brilliant rpg even if it is a great strategy game. A great RPG always must contain a strong story and a strong story must have character development. Fire Emblem is unable to provide this with such a large cast, and attempting to rectify this(by having a smaller cast) would undermine the central gimmick the series is founded on, permadeath. In a way, the best thing about Fire Emblem is also its achilles heel. I realize I may have just gotten off subject not only from the thread but also your response, but I felt the need to vent my frustrations about the series. Also, I would submit to you that Lucca is indeed a more memorable character than most of Fire Emblem's cast contrary to what you stated. I also think stating a backstory through a series of conversations is a pisspoor attempt at simulating some form of depth(how do characters such as Dandev, Astrid, Rolf, and others change throughout such a long adventure?). I personally prefer character development to happen as events transpire in the game, you know, like how actual character advancement is supposed to occur. 

TLDR; I like fire emblem but the series is comprised with nearly entire casts of static characters who the player holds no real interest in which makes this thread...meaningless?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius