By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Minecraft - How Long Have You Stuck with a Single World?

Hey guys, had an interesting question and wanted to ask it of the others here. Seems like the forums have a good Minecraft contingent here, so...

In Single Player Survival, how long have you stuck with a single world?

Couple reasons that I'm curious about this: First, I lurk around the Minecraft official forums often enough and found it a little fascinating when, during a thread with a similar question, there were very few who had stayed with one world for more than a month or two. Second, I use a mod called JourneyMap because I have a terrible sense of direction. Said map mod allows you to map on the fly and creates a world map for you...but my world ended up so large that it stopped being able to show the map for me. I, in a sense, ended up overloading the map buffer. I went to the creator and he'd said that he'd never actually seen anyone with a map of similar size to my own. And, thus, these two things made me curious if most others just play a map for a bit and then change up or if there are any other long term map types like myself.

Personally, I've had the same world since the release of the 1.8 Beta, the one that added Strongholds and the like. The world file is currently 1.31 gb, even after deleting the old files for maps created before the Anvil system went into place. I'd offer to post you guys a map of my current world, but I actually can't find any hosting places that allow images that file size, but I'm still looking.

So what's your style? Play for a few months and try something new or have you stuck with a single world for some time?

Around the Network

Five month at maximum. I tried to build a city that was a mix between minas tirith and morias mines. Took forever ^^

Since vanilla.

It has lead to me having a great temple city in the middle and the only way to get to areas with fortresses and new stuff is to make long epic journeys.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Well I've only had Minecraft for about four months now (360 Edition). And I don't play single player; at least not really because I almost always have friends joining my world and playing. We all build our own stuff though.

Time wise the longest I've been on one map was my first map (which due to my noobiness was more of a testing map). I was on that for about three months. However, the map I am on now I've only been on for a little over a month and I've spent more hours in it than the other one. I plan on being on the current map for a very long time since my plans for that map are going to take forever.

KungKras said:
Since vanilla.

It has lead to me having a great temple city in the middle and the only way to get to areas with fortresses and new stuff is to make long epic journeys.

Any screenshots?

Around the Network

I've played on the same world since I got it back in August last year and I've spent a lot of time on it - I play xbox version but wanting to play the pc one 

Nice to see such quick responses! Anyone happen to know of any good upload places for pictures that don't have size limits? I'd love to show you guys my map.

@360 Players
Good that you guys are having fun with it! I haven't played it, but I've heard it's fun on the 360. I'm quite biased toward the PC version, I admit, because of the total lack of size limitations on the maps. My map actually takes a good two hours to try and sail across on boat. It's pretty crazy.

@IsawYoshi
Got any screenshots of your work? Sounds like that would be a pretty fun project.

@KungKras
Nice! So at least one long termer so far. I think I'll ask the same as Solaron and wonder if you have any screenshots? I'd love to see any you have. I've had a few long projects so far, the longest of which was creating a World Tree using only Survival mode. Far more thrilling to do massive builds in Survival than Creative, I've found. You actually get nervous and the blood starts pumping when you're standing on a one square wide scaffold seventy squares above the ground. Bit of a thrill. heh I've focused on three things: making impressive fortresses and homes, delving down into different dungeons and crevasses and exploring well out into the boonies. Makes for a very satisfying experience.

Soleron said:
KungKras said:
Since vanilla.

Any screenshots?

Sure, just give me some minutes to get back home from the fringes of my empire :)

I LOVE ICELAND!

I just got the game this weekend and am learning the ropes so about two hours.

Unfortunantly, I got the 360 version right after canceling gold so I can only play single player. Might have to get PC as I absolutely love the game. I want to join multiplayer creative efforts, but cannot.

Actually so far I spent a lot more time in single player creative mode on peaceful creating crazy stuff.

I plan on survival and multiplayer later so if anyone wants to add me on 360 for now as I am getting back on gold add me on live as PassionOfGandhi .

@KungKras
Sounds good! Can't wait to see the screenshots!

@Chocoloco
Welcome to the world of Minecrafting! It's addictive. Give it time, though, and you'll be building even bigger and more impressive things. Consider trying to build in Survival mode though! It's a thrill! Imagine standing at the top of this scaffolding: http://imgur.com/gZspdYK