By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which of the PS3 exclusive titles will Drastically push the PS3 hardware?

makingmusic476 said:
shams said:

Definitely GT5 - followed by the FF games. MGS will sell some consoles, but in my opinion its "just another shooter".

Resistance 2 = definitely not. I can't believe people are even suggesting it. How many people didn't like Resistance 1, yet will like R2 - enough to buy a PS3? Not many.

The other big title - HOME

LBP has a chance, but I'm not too sure how it will do.

MSG4 is "just another shooter"? Are you insane?

Yea, I think I might have to agree here.

If MGS4 was 'just another shooter' then I don't think there would be such a ruckus about it. It'd be like saying that Halo was 'just another shooter'... oh wait. Messing around aside, I don't know about anybody else, but Metal Gear Solid is one of my most favorite series.

Around the Network

I think a majority of the exclusives will move consoles, but the main one's, I think, are FFXIII, MGS, GT5, KZ2, Resistance2, Motorstorm 2(if it does in fact come out this year), LBP, and maybe even Home (as it will appeal to the non-hardcore as well)

makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
GT5 by far. With FF XIII and MGS 4 far behind.

I think people are REALLY overestimating Resistance 2's hardware selling potential.

Resistance 2 will sell very well, it just won't sell many, if any, consoles. It's fanbase was created out of ps3 owners.

I think Resistance 2 will sell many PS3 consoles for Europe and the US, I think it will push some Resistance 1 sales as well. I think the Resistance 2 & Killzone 2 combination will be interesting to many FPS fans.

Worldwide of the exclusives I think Gran Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4 will push the most systems.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I think FFXIII will push the most systems, especially in japan

MGS4 and GT5 should seen big increases also

it was said that killzone 2 was the most expensive game to make. i think it will truly breathtaking

Around the Network

I don't see why all the hype of KZ2, for me it looks just like any other shooter. But otherwise GTA IV, GT5 and MGS4 will sell alot of ps3's.

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

I think FF, GT and MGS will all help push PS3 sales, but mostly in Japan where there are still a lot of people intending to purchase who haven't yet.

Outside Japan I think they will all drive modest rises in sales, with the biggest impact in Europe and the least in US.

What's more important is not the spike each will drive, but whether each time sales settle to a higher base rate, which is really what PS3 needs. I think it has a fair chance of seeing this as more and more people see reasons to invest in the console (BR format war win, better games library, strong media content support, etc.) and each new big title should leave an underlying rise in sales in its wake.

KZ2 and RFOM2 are the most likely to drive sales in US if they deliver (I'm sure RFOM 2 will, KZ2 I don't know) for obvious genre reasons.

If the online coop and MP is judged really strong RFOM 2 should draw in more US gamers who are happy to have 360/PS3 to make sure they cover all the bases for big FPS/MP games plus it can built on good impression of first game.

Assuming both RFOM 2 and KZ2 deliver equally well then together that's pretty attractive, coupled with a good BR player, for a lot of US players. Hell, if you consider the cost of external HD for 360 vs getting a PS3 and two killer FPS apps and a very good BR player the choice seems appealing.

GTA 4 I'm sure will also drive sales, mainly in Europe and to a lesser degree in US.

The wildcard for me is LBP. One thing killing PS3 IMO is that it has totally lost out on family sales to Wii so far. R&C aside there is very little (other than some small PSN games) to satisfy the family/casual demographic. Given the cornerstone of PS2's success was that it had something for everyone (GTAs, Silent Hills, etc along with Sly Coopers, Jak and Daxters and lots of sports, skiing, driving, you name it games.

But LBP could, if it really delivers, drive some serious sales in that arena. My kids are desperate to play it after seeing some gameplay videos. But will it hit the mark or fail to ignite? Or is Wii now this choice for this kind of game?

Right now the market seems to have settled into a Wii for family/casual games but has struggled with more harcore / mature titles (overall anyway IMO) with choice for hardcore / mature titles being split across 360 and PS3.

I think 360 has the hardest battle trying to extend beyond its image but the PS3 could, with the right games and marketing as it does have the right brand name and perception... although the longer titles like LBP take to arrive (and the more developers move from titles like Sly Cooper to more mature fare) the more momentum Wii is building as the choice for family / fun gaming.

BTW in none of this am I stating Wii is for kids only, merely that it is also cleaning up with a demographic previously covered by PS2 than Sony is letting slip right now - for example I plan to get a Wii for me and my kids (then watch as my wife slowly sucumbs to its charms) while originally I'd expected more fun stuff on PS3 to fill that need while allowing me to play the next Silent Hill, etc.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Im starting to get nervous on behalf of all the Killzone 2 lovers out there. The first one was a shocker and we are starting to hear FAR too many rumours that this game will be less than excellent.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I think MGS-4, GTA5 and FF-XIII will help sales.

The recent surge in PS3 sales (vis-a-vis the 360) has stopped a lot of the MGS-4 to 360 talk.

The stats have shown that Tekken has had a decreasing sales rate. God of War is too far out in the future. Resistitence 2 is a sequel on the same system ... so it may not make as much of an impact as people think. And GTA-IV is multiplatform.

Finally, I don't like the fit of LBP and PS3.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

>don't see why all the hype of KZ2, for me it looks just like any other shooter.

so is CoD4, doesn't mean it can't sell millions or contend for GotY awards.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)