By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Samsung Galaxy S4 to have 8 core processor, to be unveiled on March 14th?

Good lord... completely unnecessary for a phone to have 8 cores.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
Kynes said:

Isn't it big.LITTLE? 4 A15 and 4 A7 cores non-concurrent isn't 8 a 8 core chip, the same that Tegra3 isn't a concurrent 5 core chip.

Correct.

IT'S NOT EIGHT CORES.

It's four cores that can be switched to low-power versions of the core when not under load. It's still more powerful at peak than previous phone chips but it can't use eight cores simultaneously.

Bullshit.

I'll be getting an Xperia Z with Dragontail glass because the S4 is gonna be made of cheap plastic.

Screamapillar said:
Good lord... completely unnecessary for a phone to have 8 cores.

as people mentioned, it's a 4 + 4 core - 4 low power/consumption cores for the standard stff and 4 (relatively) high powered cores for gaming/videos and so on, they don't work at the same time

Turkish said:
Bullshit.

I'll be getting an Xperia Z with Dragontail glass because the S4 is gonna be made of cheap plastic.

Spreading FUD, as always.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
Turkish said:
Bullshit.

Spreading FUD, as always.

S4 is not gonna be made of plastic?

Future of gaming in our palms.

EricFabian said:
more powerfull than Wii U

No its not.. more cores doesn't automatically equate to more power.

Just look at previous comparisons of Tegra3 to other chips with FAR fewer cores.

I'm sorry but 8 cores is absolutely unnecessary. I have the Galaxy SIII (the gimped US version with a dual core) and whilst it may be kind slow and laggy (which has more to do with the android OS then anything else) it is for the most part, just fine.

If you get an efficient OS (like windows 8) then 2-4 cores is all you should ever need.

Turkish said:
Bullshit.

lol

I always laugh at people who claimed this same bullshit with iPhone vs most android phones. Funny part is the "cheap plastic" actually is more durable than the glass. It nearly all cases of tests the Galaxy line was proven to whithstand more drops and other tests.

I'll stick to "cheap plastic" any day. Especially considering most people just wrap it in a case that is made of "cheap plastic".