By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4, what will the box include?

PS4
HDMI Cable will be standard, though not a 100% requirement
DualShock 4 with charge cable
Manuals
3/6 Months free PS Plus

There will also be a 2nd SKU with all the above plus 1 launch game.

Around the Network

I'm hoping for illuma room either in the box or seperate. In my opinion who ever comes out with it first wins the generation.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Deyon said:
JOKA_ said:
Hopefully HD cables this time. Zing!

I hate it when people say this crap.. Why does it have to come with the system? you know Sony would charge you extra $ for it. If you want HD cables you can buy them used for $2, don't complain!

When your competitor (360) is including them you should be too.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Console
PSEye w/ connection (has to be if the new controller has the light... also a newer updated version)
1 DualShock4
USB cable to plug in controller
HDMI
power brick/cable
manuals

Additionally, there will be a few bundles with games and possible an extra controller and/or Move wands.

Hopefully, a gold plated HDMI cable. Those silver ones often show picture problems.

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:

Hopefully, a gold plated HDMI cable. Those silver ones often show picture problems.

Man, you want such a fancy cable why don't you spend 199.99$ on one yourself?

Deyon said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Since they are so cheap then shouldn't they just throw it in with the PS4 then?

An HDMI cable costs 10-$15 NEW.

I don't care if it comes with the PS4 or not, i just hate it when i see people complain about it all over the internet when they can buy one USED for $2. It's very irritating.

I know right? people just like to whine at anything, why even include a power cable and charging USB cables for controllers when they're barely a dollar each.

LemonSlice said:
RazorDragon said:

Man, you want such a fancy cable why don't you spend 99.99$ on one yourself?

How much do gold plated HDMI cables cost where you live? Here in Brazil I could buy a 1.5 meters long cable for as low as R$ 20, something around 10 dollars. I'm not asking for monster cables, as I wouldn't pay more than 15 dollars on a simple cable, but at least a gold plated one is the minimum I would require, as i've had a few picture-quality problems when trying spend less by using silver plated ones on my PC and consoles. Just for comparison purposes, MS branded HDMI cable for 360 is gold plated and costs only 10 euros, while the one that comes with Wii U is, unfortunately, silver plated, and from what i've heard on the internet is quite poor quality. Based on the price, no reason to not include a gold plated one actually.

PS4 components
Screwdriver

RazorDragon said:
LemonSlice said:
RazorDragon said:

Man, you want such a fancy cable why don't you spend 99.99$ on one yourself?

How much do gold plated HDMI cables cost where you live? Here in Brazil I could buy a 1.5 meters long cable for as low as R$ 15, something around 8 dollars. I'm not asking for monster cables, as I wouldn't pay more than 15 dollars on a simple cable, but at least a gold plated one is the minimum I would require, as i've had a few picture-quality problems when trying spend less by using silver plated ones on my PC and consoles. Just for comparison purposes, MS branded HDMI cable for 360 is gold plated and costs only 10 euros, while the one that comes with Wii U is, unfortunately, silver plated, and from what i've heard on the internet is quite cheap.

I was joking because I thought you were joking. I've never had problems with any HDMI cables, and I buy the crappiest I can find.