By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Wii U demo units in your country either?

How about your country? I'm in Germany, and in my region not a single store has a playable Wii U system set up. Neither Gamestop nor the big electronics retailers like Saturn/Mediamarkt. How come nobody is talking about this?

Considering how Wii U's concept is difficult to convey without hands-on play time I think this is a DESASTER for Nintendo. It's almost like sabotage, to be honest, cause all the Saturn stores have these big new Nintendo areas, but the Wii U is just a mockup behind glass and a video is running. 

Coming off the "silly things game shop employees say" thread I really think this is fishy... all the anecdotes about sales persons pushing customers to buy Xboxes and stuff.

It's crazy, I have yet to try a Wii U! And I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan since the NES. What is going on? If Nintendo has a deal with Saturn for these custom Nintendo areas, wouldn't you think that Saturn would be obligated to demo the Wii U? They even have "coming soon" stand-up displays for future games, you can tell Nintendo is desparate - yet you can't try the system! Nowhere!

Around the Network

The Gamestop here has one, but the touch screen was smeared with what I assume was sputum and hobo jizz, so I didn't dare touch it.

My GameStop doesn't have a Wii U Demo Unit, sadly. However, BestBuy does. Too bad that's quite far away.

badgenome said:

The Gamestop here has one, but the touch screen was smeared with what I assume was sputum and hobo jizz, so I didn't dare touch it.

Sputum! Learned another lovely word. 

everybody is pushing for Nintendo to flop hardly. A shame for what a great company is Nintendo.

Around the Network

As far as I understand it, it's not actually gamestop or best buy or whatevergamestore that decides if they'll set up any display demos - it's all down to Nintendo. It's Nintendo that decides which stores get a demo - if at all. It's been quite hard to even get my hands on a 3DS XL here in Stockholm - and I haven't seen any Wii U demos at all...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

There are some in stores here in Croatia and I think the only playable demo is Rayman Legends. Ouch.

A Mediamarkt store near me has one. Until recently it only had the usual Rayman demo. Now you can play Mario.

The lack of a Wii U roadshow - to let people try it out - is something that i am yet to understand.

I only managed to find one in a Best Buy about 20 miles were I live. I don't know exactly why Nintendo is not putting demo units everywhere and advertising it out the ass, but I think it has to do with the day 1 update and slow OS.

The 3 GAME stores near me all have demo units for it.