By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Wii U demo units in your country either?

i live in Colombia and i have seen several places with demo stations, at least in Bogota

Around the Network

Wow, so it seems to be a Nintendo of Germany problem... how weird, since NoE's headquarters are located here. Satoru Shibata, what's going on? And I swear it's more than just anecdotal, I've tried like 10 markets in the Cologne / Düsseldorf area, including the biggest ones.

DanneSandin said:
As far as I understand it, it's not actually gamestop or best buy or whatevergamestore that decides if they'll set up any display demos - it's all down to Nintendo. It's Nintendo that decides which stores get a demo - if at all. It's been quite hard to even get my hands on a 3DS XL here in Stockholm - and I haven't seen any Wii U demos at all...

3DSs/XLs are abundant, like 6 demo units in every big electronics market. For Wii U they even have these custom display units with a round glass bowl you can see the console through, and a giant screen... but it's just nonfunctioning mockups. 

my local target had a demo machine at launch but for whatever reason removed it after the holidays. they have ps3 and 360 demo units, 3DS, and a broken vita.

no...but we have a PSV demo unit, the lesser of two evils? trololololololo!!!!

Around the Network

Mine has both the Vita unit and the Wii U unit. Neither are ever touched.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

arcane_chaos said:
no...but we have a PSV demo unit, the lesser of two evils? trololololololo!!!!

;) Yeah they do have playable Vita's here, too.