By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

NintendoPie said:

Sony did release LBP Karting. Sony did release several Uncharted's. Like I said, all of the companies do this.

You can't pick out Mario because that's what you see a lot, no freaking duh it's what you see a lot. It's what works for them, it's what sells for them, and for many people Mario is why they buy Nintendo consoles.

Nintendo are catering to a large crowd with these Mario offerings. You're right, though, Sony won't release Uncharted Sticker Star, it wouldn't work. But guess who it does work for? Nintendo.

And let me ask you this, do you think Pokemon is milked? Maybe you do, but you still really like Pokemon, right? Is there a problem with that? Heck no! Nintendo and The Pokemon Co. are catering to your tastes, that's why you like it and that's why you keep coming back. Do you see me buying up all the Uncharted games that Sony has released? No. That's because I don't like it. And thats where many people get it wrong. It's our own opinion. And many, many people have the opinion that they want more and more Mario. So Nintendo provides it. 

But I do agree with you on some points. I never thought that releasing just NSMBU was a good idea. Nintendo does need more than Mario, but this just brings me back to my point about catering to different crowds.

(Sorry if that was a mish-mash to read, I just threw everything I pretty much had in that post. )

Im not talking about liking the games, NinPie, Im talking about Nintendos over reliance. Youre basically agreeing with me. I own 4 recent Mario games, soon to be 5. Yes, Pokemon is milked. Yes people like to buy 3, maybe 4 Mario games per Year. Yes, people want NEW experienxes from Nintendo.

Around the Network

Sony's arrogance is making me want a PS4 less and less. Is it really so hard for these people to act like professionals instead of obnoxious schoolchildren?

Cold-Flipper said:
zippy said:

Yeah Sega mocked the competition..and we all know what happened to them ;)

I don't think Sega died because of their awesome ads :)

Refer to the archimedes123 videos on youtube. All reasons and (even Alterred events) shown.

mjk45 said:
GameAnalyser said:
F0X said:
Does this mean Sony will announce a new Crash Bandicoot game?

I so very much wish they do announce and Naughty Dog would still continue to impress.

Why does every one assume that Crash would automatically impress and that beside the historical context Naughty Dog is the team to do it , ND today isn't the same as the ND that created the first 3 games and even the old team decided they done enough with the franchise , and moved on to Jak and Daxter and that suffered the same fate , with ND stopping work on a PS3 Jak and daxter  because their ideas weren't moving the franchise forward they went with Uncharted , look I'm not saying that Crash done by ND wouldn't work  out fine and the name alone would make it sell but the game being great is far from  a gimme especially for the reasons given , If Sony some how talked Activision into a crash exclusive ,  I would like it to be along the lines of bring in Mark Cerny and Andy Gavin to head up a dedicated team , or at least get them to oversee the game with the final say on matters.
Thinking more about it i feel both Cerny and Gavin have moved on , but who knows throw enough money their way ? Regarding Activision following the billion dollar success of the Skylanders franchise I feel they will turn Crash into Crashlanders ( pun intended).

Why does one assume it to be like Skylanders or devs just move on?  The restrospective gamers are here to stay. Well it's upto Sony's move on this. If Naughty Dog can get them going even Jak and Daxter and Crash both will find their way into PS4.

BasilZero said:
curl-6 said:
Sony's arrogance is making me want a PS4 less and less. Is it really so hard for these people to act like professionals instead of obnoxious schoolchildren?

You are easily swayed on a decision of a future console that no one knows anything about just because of a fake ad? l0l

I'm not convinced one way or the other, but arrogant behaviour certainly make me less inclined to give the guilty party my money.

Around the Network

Only on VGChartz can saying something negative (that is also true) about Nintendo cause multiple, simultaneous cranial explosions. If Wii hadn't sold so well this place would not be see the overabundance of Nintendo fans that it sees on a daily basis. Looking at those Wii numbers everyday justifies the fact that buying that toy made sense. I don't know a single person who's willing to dig deep enough into their closet to pay an old Wii game.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

PScollector said:
lol If thats not a big FU@K you 2 Nintendo I dont know what is.

it is a ''we wish we had at least 1 ip like mario so our company wouldn't be f*cked up like it is right now'' its a desperate call for help lol.

its sad that sony has to bash other companies like a 12 year old but thats exactly the way alot of sony drones would behave.
instead of trying to get more smart users they clearly want to appeal to the wannabe adults....

no wonder why sony usually wins the ''who has the worst fanbase award''

JazzB1987 said:

PScollector said:
lol If thats not a big FU@K you 2 Nintendo I dont know what is.

it is a ''we wish we had at least 1 ip like mario so our company wouldn't be f*cked up like it is right now'' its a desperate call for help lol.

its sad that sony has to bash other companies like a 12 year old but thats exactly the way alot of sony drones would behave.
instead of trying to get more smart users they clearly want to appeal to the wannabe adults....

no wonder why sony usually wins the ''who has the worst fanbase award''

Its sad that people dont read the threads and instead cant wait to lash out their repressed agenda against a certain electronics company

I'm not offended, but arrogant behavior like this always makes me wary of the company responsible for it.

It's like they're saying to me "We can't prove the merits of our own product, so we need to devalue someone else's"

Just a turn off for me.

Carl2291 said:

Im not talking about liking the games, NinPie, Im talking about Nintendos over reliance. Youre basically agreeing with me. I own 4 recent Mario games, soon to be 5. Yes, Pokemon is milked. Yes people like to buy 3, maybe 4 Mario games per Year. Yes, people want NEW experienxes from Nintendo.

So we're agreeing to an extent? I can live with that...

Besides, I already gave my feelings on Mario in this thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5121398. Too bad no one caught my sarcasm. ;P