By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

JoeTheBro said:
KHlover said:
PScollector said:
So its fan made.....lol there are alot of Butthurt Nintendo fans in here.

And a lot of Playstation fans were butthurt when MS called the Xbox360 the better console or stated that most gamers weren't aware of the Playstation Meeting at the 20th. People tend to get offended when something they like is attacked :)

That's talking with the press while this is an advertizement. Microsoft shows arrogance when doing that because it is the company's actual thoughts on the issue. An advertizement however is meant to get people's attention.

there is also a fine line between arrogantly misleading people and telling the truth. Saying your system is the greater entertainment machine when it lacks a bunch of things the competition has is plain misleading and wrong.

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:

Some are DD games, and you probably haven't heard of them because most people spread that Nintendo = Mario, Zelda, Metroid, and somehow everyone who hears that automatically belive those people and don't care to look which games Nintendo actually produces.

And, of course, Steel Diver is an AAA game! Do you know how much it costs to create submarines with missiles?

How many of them are DD games? Tell me. Please. I might not know of them because Nintendo give them bare minimum advertising and spend the majority of the budget on 3, maybe 4 Mario games a Year.

Look at how well Fire Emblem has done with a bit of attention from Nintendo. Imagine how well Xenoblade would have done if it had a Quarter of the ad budget that a Mario game gets... And if NoA actually wanted to release it instead of Wii Play: Motion.

We get it. Games with the Mario name on them sell well. If Steel Diver was "Mario Diver", it would have probably doubled in sales and hit the Million. The question that needs to be asked though is this - With the Billions made in the last 5 Years, why wont Nintendo push it into big new IP? If Nintendo really wanted the core market from PS360, then why arent they pushing the boundaries? I think its laziness, or lack of imagination or originality coming from the higher ups.

RobDX said:
"oh yay another mario game" step up playstation... "oh yay another call of duty game"

Call of Duty isn't a Playstation franchise. Nintendo wish they had something like Call of Duty fanbase

Wow this thread became huge. Can someone give me an unbiased summary of what's going on here?

Jay520 said:
Wow this thread became huge. Can someone give me an unbiased summary of what's going on here?

I lot of butthurt. For some reason a lot of people think this is similar to MS PR saying they are the better entertainment machine. They also think there is a bunch of hypocrisy from the PS fanbase because they think they would react a different way if Nintendo said something bad about a sony game.

Around the Network

^

Jay520 said:

Carl2291 said:

How many of them are DD games? Tell me. Please. I might not know of them because Nintendo give them bare minimum advertising and spend the majority of the budget on 3, maybe 4 Mario games a Year.

Look at how well Fire Emblem has done with a bit of attention from Nintendo. Imagine how well Xenoblade would have done if it had a Quarter of the ad budget that a Mario game gets... And if NoA actually wanted to release it instead of Wii Play: Motion.

We get it. Games with the Mario name on them sell well. If Steel Diver was "Mario Diver", it would have probably doubled in sales and hit the Million. The question that needs to be asked though is this - With the Billions made in the last 5 Years, why wont Nintendo push it into big new IP? If Nintendo really wanted the core market from PS360, then why arent they pushing the boundaries? I think its laziness, or lack of imagination or originality coming from the higher ups.

It's not laziness. And if you think Sony don't do this then you are kiding yourself, Carl. Every company does things that make them money.

Besides, Retro (part of Nintendo) is making a new IP. Things are going on in Nintendo's HeadQuarters that we just don't know about yet, and maybe they'll tell us these things at E3 this year.

Max King of the Wild said:
Jay520 said:

I lot of butthurt. For some reason a lot of people think this is similar to MS PR saying they are the better entertainment machine. They also think there is a bunch of hypocrisy from the PS fanbase because they think they would react a different way if Nintendo said something bad about a sony game.

That wasn't an unbiased summary. 

All you had to say is "Someone (maybe Sony) made this ad and people laughed at it, though, some people disagreed with it."

NintendoPie said:
Jay520 said:

That wasn't an unbiased summary. 

All you had to say is "Someone (maybe Sony) made this ad and people laughed at it, though, some people disagreed with it."

The people disageeing are alot louder

The people disageeing are alot louder

NO WE ARE NOT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!

Sheesh...