By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

Can someone, anyone, tell me what the problem with this is? Why is it causing arguments?

Nintendo HAVE been over reliant on the Mario brand. Its annoying. Its like they darent push the BILLIONS of profit they made into anything else. Sony made a bunch of new AAA IPs. Microsoft are in the process of a bunch of new AAA IPs. Nintendo give us some niche Japanese games and 5 Mario games, maybe with one game from Metroid, Kirby, Zelda or DK.

They really do have a point.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Can someone, anyone, tell me what the problem with this is? Why is it causing arguments?

Nintendo HAVE been over reliant on the Mario brand. Its annoying. Its like they darent push the BILLIONS of profit they made into anything else. Sony made a bunch of new AAA IPs. Microsoft are in the process of a bunch of new AAA IPs. Nintendo give us some niche Japanese games and 5 Mario games, maybe with one game from Metroid, Kirby, Zelda or DK.

Yet, millions enjoy it. The market has no problem with it. I won't play another 2D Mario this year, I'll play a fantasic strategy game and an excellent JRPG.

And my main gripe with the thread is not the Ad itself, but the fact certain people act as if it's not big deal, but often act heavily offended when something is directed towards them.

So its fan made.....lol there are alot of Butthurt Nintendo fans in here.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

PScollector said:
So its fan made.....lol there are alot of Butthurt Nintendo fans in here.

And a lot of Playstation fans were butthurt when MS called the Xbox360 the better console or stated that most gamers weren't aware of the Playstation Meeting at the 20th. People tend to get offended when something they like is attacked :)

Carl2291 said:

Flingsmash, Endless Ocean, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Steel Diver, Art Style, Excite Truck, Wii Series, Aura-Aura Climber, Fluidity, Pinball Pulse, Starship Defense Dillon's Rolling Western, Sakura Samurai, Art Academy, Pushmo, Ketzal's Corridors and probably a few other new non-Japanese niche games. Also, Nintendo revives its old franchises gloriously, as games like Sin & Punishment 2, X-Scape, Punch-Out!! and Kid Icarus Uprising, which didn't had a sequel in more than 10 years, can prove.

WHERE'S MY NEW MEDIEVIL, SONY?

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
thismeintiel said:
pezus said:
DirtyP2002 said:
morenoingrato said:
Oh! Yay! Another Mario game!

Anyway, with all this stealth attacking, Sony is raising the bar really high for this 20th. They better show something mindblowing.

Why?

No matter what Sony shows, fans will make it like something mindblowing.
They could show a turd with pencils in it and the internet will go nuts over this anyway.

It doesn't matter which games are shown or teased, the internet will go crazy. Look at the games Sony released last year. Some guys here said PSABR will be such a great game and even predicted sales in the 4-5 million region.

Look how people got crazy for The Last Guardian in... I guess it was 2009. It actually won E3 awards for best game of the show (which tells you something about those awards as well).

Look how people praised the NGP, which became the Vita. 3DS was basically doomed for months.

I expect a few teasers and trailers and the internet will be like 'Sony has the best 1st party lineup of all times!'. In reality, it is freaking hard to work with Sony as a studio these days.

Vita was praised because people believed the price was good and because people believe games were coming. The hardware is obviously awesome, that's what people saw at the time. Then Nintendo dropped the price of 3DS by 30%...

I give this post overall 2/10

Last line = wat?

You appear to be breeding a lot of hate. Let it flow through you.

Honestly, I think he's just upset MS isn't getting nearly as much hype as Sony for their next console.  Sony is getting hype not just from diehard fans, but the average gamer, as well.  I got a couple of guys from work who gamed on nothing but the 360 this gen, but said they are jumping ship if the Kinect 2 rumors turn out to be true.  They also don't want to pay for LIve, anymore.  Read similar things from posts on gaming websites, including this one, too.  It's kinda like MS is getting anti-hype, except from diehard fans, from their leaks.  Next gen is going to be interesting.

I lol'd.

Sonys hype is internet-exclusive. Just like the hype for the Vita was and the hype for every Sony published game in 2012.
99.8% of the video game market don't even know about the PS4 reveal.

And for what exactly should MS get this hype for? They haven't said anything.

nearly 7 million people know it from youtube teaser alone.  For comparison, most popular Microsoft advertisement on youtube has 2.5 million hits and it was uploaded 5 months ago.

Sony fanboys and their New IP argument is bad joke, its desperate attempt to find something successful in long term, almost everything became failure or at least not as big success as Sony expected, great example is LBP.

Lafiel said:
ToraTiger said:
Whoa, Sony. WHOA! That's some haterade right der!

what's wrong with pointing out that there have been 2 trillion mario games?

Mario sure has sold a lot.

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Player1x3 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
thismeintiel said:
pezus said:
DirtyP2002 said:
morenoingrato said:
Oh! Yay! Another Mario game!

Anyway, with all this stealth attacking, Sony is raising the bar really high for this 20th. They better show something mindblowing.

Why?

No matter what Sony shows, fans will make it like something mindblowing.
They could show a turd with pencils in it and the internet will go nuts over this anyway.

It doesn't matter which games are shown or teased, the internet will go crazy. Look at the games Sony released last year. Some guys here said PSABR will be such a great game and even predicted sales in the 4-5 million region.

Look how people got crazy for The Last Guardian in... I guess it was 2009. It actually won E3 awards for best game of the show (which tells you something about those awards as well).

Look how people praised the NGP, which became the Vita. 3DS was basically doomed for months.

I expect a few teasers and trailers and the internet will be like 'Sony has the best 1st party lineup of all times!'. In reality, it is freaking hard to work with Sony as a studio these days.

Vita was praised because people believed the price was good and because people believe games were coming. The hardware is obviously awesome, that's what people saw at the time. Then Nintendo dropped the price of 3DS by 30%...

I give this post overall 2/10

Last line = wat?

You appear to be breeding a lot of hate. Let it flow through you.

Honestly, I think he's just upset MS isn't getting nearly as much hype as Sony for their next console.  Sony is getting hype not just from diehard fans, but the average gamer, as well.  I got a couple of guys from work who gamed on nothing but the 360 this gen, but said they are jumping ship if the Kinect 2 rumors turn out to be true.  They also don't want to pay for LIve, anymore.  Read similar things from posts on gaming websites, including this one, too.  It's kinda like MS is getting anti-hype, except from diehard fans, from their leaks.  Next gen is going to be interesting.

I lol'd.

Sonys hype is internet-exclusive. Just like the hype for the Vita was and the hype for every Sony published game in 2012.
99.8% of the video game market don't even know about the PS4 reveal.

And for what exactly should MS get this hype for? They haven't said anything.

nearly 7 million people know it from youtube teaser alone.  For comparison, most popular Microsoft advertisement on youtube has 2.5 million hits and it was uploaded 5 months ago.

I am 5 of those 7 million.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

im sorry but this is poor from nintendo another mario/luigi game can they not ever come up with something else. mario U is a great game but that could easily have been a wii game.

i hope for a galaxy 3 announcement at e3

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...