By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

riderz13371 said:
Attoyou said:

Nintendo's reply: 

Embeding disabled by request. EPIC FAIL...EPIC....FAIL

haha...lol. It seems the reply was almost daring.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
morenoingrato said:
Oh! Yay! Another Mario game!

Anyway, with all this stealth attacking, Sony is raising the bar really high for this 20th. They better show something mindblowing.

Why?

No matter what Sony shows, fans will make it like something mindblowing.
They could show a turd with pencils in it and the internet will go nuts over this anyway.

It doesn't matter which games are shown or teased, the internet will go crazy. Look at the games Sony released last year. Some guys here said PSABR will be such a great game and even predicted sales in the 4-5 million region.

Look how people got crazy for The Last Guardian in... I guess it was 2009. It actually won E3 awards for best game of the show (which tells you something about those awards as well).

Look how people praised the NGP, which became the Vita. 3DS was basically doomed for months.

I expect a few teasers and trailers and the internet will be like 'Sony has the best 1st party lineup of all times!'. In reality, it is freaking hard to work with Sony as a studio these days.

Buddy, you make 0,00% sense, did you know that? You talk nonsense. Sony is not immune to non-shows, I'm sure you were one of the most vocal people when they underdelivered at E3 2006, deservedly so, yet you're here talking bullshit how the internet will praise Sony no matter what they'll show, that simply won't be the case.

If Sony delivers on 20th feb, people have all the reason to go crazy. Are you always this gloomy? And what about the games Sony released last year? Journey, Sound Shapes, WipEout 2048 and Gravity Rush were great games and won GOTY awards, but yeah go and be sulky.

It would be interesting to see how some people would react if Nintendo went ahead with this type of advertising for some of their new consoles/games.

NintendoPie said:
It would be interesting to see how some people would react if Nintendo went ahead with this type of advertising for some of their new consoles/games.

You would have some Sony fans getting all butthurt and defensive instead

Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:

You would have some Sony fans getting all butthurt and defensive.

Yup, it would be funny to see that since so many Sony Fans are just pushing this off as nothing or just playing around.

Around the Network

Does this mean Sony will announce a new Crash Bandicoot game?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

pezus said:
KungKras said:
pezus said:
Naum said:
If you can't beat them insult them

even if it's fanmade

Oh, they can easily beat them. Did that with PS1, PS2 and probably will with PS4. 

This is exactly how they should advertise; get the fans all geared up and get the fans of other consoles angry so they will spread the word about the announcement.

But what if the announcement underdelivers? It could easily blow up on them.

Why would it? Even the Vita announcement blew people away at the time. 

But the PS3 announcement didn't. At least not the E3 presentation :P

I LOVE ICELAND!

NintendoPie said:
Andrespetmonkey said:
NintendoPie said:

You would have some Sony fans getting all butthurt and defensive.

Yup, it would be funny to see that since so many Sony Fans are just pushing this off as nothing or just playing around.

Because that is what it is... nothing. Harmless jokes. In fact, the only company that could really get burned here is Sony, so the "disapproving" ninty fans here are acting really dumb. 

F0X said:
Does this mean Sony will announce a new Crash Bandicoot game?

lol hopefully

Turkish said:
MDMAlliance said:
BasilZero said:

Please explain to me why it would ward off potential buyers if the buyer's main intention is to buy a system for games or are you telling me that people here buy game systems based on the brand name...if so I lol...

Well, I would suppose one thing to look at when you consider advertisements of the sort is who the target audience is for the ad?  Who will see it and pay attention to it?  The average consumer is NOT the answer.  Most of the average consumer will have heard about the PS4 announcement through others who aren't the average consumer.  

When you look at the advertisement, it would most likely be targeted towards gamers.  "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" would seem like a legitimate excitement for the average consumer.  Those who delve themselves more into gaming see it as sarcastic.  Many of the "gamers" ARE loyal to certain brands, but not always exclusively.  So someone who tends to buy Nintendo systems is bound to come across it, and take offense.

Dude, they're just hyping their 20/2 event, they're saying: we have something better to show than what the competitor is doing(another Mario), nothing personal to get offended for.

I'm not offended, but you can clearly see that there are some people in here who are.  The fact that it's more than just one person shows that the intent behind the ad wasn't that innocent.