By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" Step Up to PlayStation 2/20

If it's real, it's a very smart marketing campaign. They've got ninty fans talking about PS almost as much as PS fans.

Now they just need to hope they don't fuck up, because if they do this is going to haunt the PS4's grave.

Around the Network

Smart ad. Put Mario on it and get attention. Shame Sony's own IP's can't grab that kind of attention.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Conegamer said:
riderz13371 said:
Metrium said:
I'm pretty sure Sony secretly wish they owned an IP half as valuable as Mario. Such add seems to give even more weight to that belief.

You mad bro? lololol

No, because what he's saying is true. Nothing Sony have can come close to the power of Mario. 

Power of mario didn't help against PS1 and PS2 , and it's not helping WiiU against PS3 neither, i doubt it'll stand a chance against PS4

MDMAlliance said:
BasilZero said:

Please explain to me why it would ward off potential buyers if the buyer's main intention is to buy a system for games or are you telling me that people here buy game systems based on the brand name...if so I lol...

Well, I would suppose one thing to look at when you consider advertisements of the sort is who the target audience is for the ad?  Who will see it and pay attention to it?  The average consumer is NOT the answer.  Most of the average consumer will have heard about the PS4 announcement through others who aren't the average consumer.  

When you look at the advertisement, it would most likely be targeted towards gamers.  "Oh Yay, Another Mario Game" would seem like a legitimate excitement for the average consumer.  Those who delve themselves more into gaming see it as sarcastic.  Many of the "gamers" ARE loyal to certain brands, but not always exclusively.  So someone who tends to buy Nintendo systems is bound to come across it, and take offense.

Dude, they're just hyping their 20/2 event, they're saying: we have something better to show than what the competitor is doing(another Mario), nothing personal to get offended for.

Naum said:
If you can't beat them insult them

even if it's fanmade

You get offended easily don't you?

Around the Network

Sony employees right now.

zippy said:

Yeah Sega mocked the competition..and we all know what happened to them ;)

I don't think Sega died because of their awesome ads :)

TAKE THAT, SONY! Where's your Mario game now? This is Luigi's year, baby!

better a new mario game then "real time weapon change"

hahahaha

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
better a new mario game then "real time weapon change"

hahahaha

One does not simply jump on giant enemy crabs. XD

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D