By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "World of Goo" going to Wii

Wow, just wow. I had so much fun playing this game. Of course this is the PC version, but it will EASILY transfer to the Wii, the controls are basically made for a Wiimote (I kept the Wii in mind while playing). With that being said, My co-workers and I just gathered around my computer for 40 minutes as we beat the first stage of the game.

There has been a slew of this simple physics type games entertaining us on the web, Crayon Physics, Line Rider, Blue Print (and all Teagames), etc… There’s something to be said about the shear joy of seeing objects move as if the rules of physics apply.

World of Goo has one of the best art styles I’ve seen in a while, the music is top notch, the challenges are great, and the controls are perfect. I really can’t say enough great things about this game. World of Goo, like Line Rider and Alien Hominid, started out as a Flash game. The transition to the console world was a perfect transition.

Kudo’s to 2D Boy for becoming a finalist in the Independent Game Festival and putting out a game that transcends polygon count and making a game fun regardless if it can be run in Flash or the most powerful PC.

You can download the 125MB WMV file of the YouTube video above, here

Source

It's looking good :)

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

looks cool but don't expect me to get it any time soon
i'll be too busy w. super smash bros. brawl mario kart wii and the loved wii fit
maybe when it becomes cheaper....

This and linerider would be great on Wiiware, 500 points for LR, I will have to play this Goo to see how much it's worth, but probably 500-1000 points.

i love the art direction. looks like tim burton had some input in this. xD

mmm mind games.... mmmm, me wants...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

This game looks really cool. Awesome art direction, great potential in gameplay. I just hope that it doesn't get old fast like many flash games.

The video inspired me with some new ideas for goo types =P

Purple - Extremely Bouncy, a bit "stretchier" and elastic than the rest and if it drops it BOUNCES. Level designs would incorporate very few purples along with other colors. Challenges would promote, but not require, use of "bouncieness" to complete.

Yellow - Sticky, can support a set amount of weight when allowed to adhere to a surface. Levels could be designed entirely around Yellows where weight management could become an issue, would be an advanced color since failure cascades catastrophically.

Blue - Rare goo, acts as an absolute anchor. Would be used in harder puzzles as a helping hand and would count as a big bonus for those able to complete the level and get the blue goo to the exit.

Orange - Gravity for orange goos is always pulling them in the direction of the closest wall. Would be ideal for anchoring to high walls away from the ground and would be available only in small groups and again provide a decent bonus for getting them to the exit.

If they have even half of those ideas in the game I will LOVE it! Otherwise it looks like it might get a bit repetitive imo...but still a very very awesome idea!

To Each Man, Responsibility

Hopefully the Wii version doesn't look TOO bad....but if it's good enough, I may get this game for it...looks fun.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I thought this was Wiiware, but apparantly it is not? Is it Wiiware or not? I looked it up but it had multiple answers.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

i will probably rent first to see if i will like it or is it a WiiWare game?

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99