By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is The Mario Series Really All That Milked? (No, It's Not.)

Tagged games:

it depends if your lactose intolerant or not ,also it could come down to whether you like your milk hot or lukewarm .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
Deyon said:
KHlover said:

With the last NSMB games before them coming out 2006 and 2008. Four games in seven years isn't "milked" in my book, even if two of those games happened to release in the same year.

Ok.

How many Games come out in a single year with the name Mario on it?

And now, you are contradicting your point... Mario is in a lot of games, but they are mostly all different genres (Paper mario, mario party, 3d marios, 2d marios, mario tennis, mario kart, etc). Mario is milked as a character but no one cares because most of his games do play differently and they are different genres.  

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Even if it was, I fail to see the problem. It's not like Nintendo forces you to buy every Mario game out there. I skip a ton of them and save my money for the ones that interests me (mainly 3D Mario and Mario Kart). If you are sick of playing the "same" games over and over there is a very simple solution to your problem: Stop buying them.

The only reason I see to complain about this is jealousy.

if that is true, when Iwata says, "there is a new Mario game in development", why everybody ask: "which one"?

Deyon said:
nuckles87 said:

Yes, and those were the first NSMBU games since 2009, and the very first NSMB games on their respective platforms. So Mario hardly gets a new one every six months.

So, by your definition, Mario isn't milked. In fact he is far less milked then  Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty, which just recently got two new games THE SAME MONTH.

At least CoD and Ac get a new Story/characters with every release.

Which is irrelevant because you specifically referred to graphics and game play.

Around the Network
Deyon said:

Lets see.

Same name, same graphics, same gameplay (majority) and it comes out every 6months.

I say it's milked.

Name an occasion where Mario games of the same genre (2-D platforming and 3-D platforming count as different genres) that were released within a year of each other. Outside of NSMB2 and NSMBU, you probably can't. And even then, those games had to come out because Nintendo was/is trying to sell two brand new consoles. If you were a console producer, why would you not want your system selling cash cow out sooner rather than later?

benji232 said:

And now, you are contradicting your point... Mario is in a lot of games, but they are mostly all different genres (Paper mario, mario party, 3d marios, 2d marios, mario tennis, mario kart, etc). Mario is milked as a character but no one cares because most of his games do play differently and they are different genres.  

That's my point! he is milked.

Nintendo is whoring Mario to the maximum.

Deyon said:
benji232 said:

Well, no, your point was that he starred in the same game with the same graphics every six months, which isn't true.

nuckles87 said:

Which is irrelevant because you specifically referred to graphics and game play.

So now we have to dismiss the obvious just because i didn't say it in my first post?

nuckles87 said:
Deyon said:
benji232 said:

Well, no, your point was that he starred in the same game with the same graphics every six months, which isn't true.

Lol.. is there something he isn't understanding?