By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - US WiiU sales relatively low but consumers are satisfied

Tagged games:

nintendo never lets me down

Around the Network

What does this have to do with the doom/success of the Wii U? Sony is high on the list even though they've recently released several unsuccessful products. This suggests there's no correlation between success and placement on this chart.

Jay520 said:
What does this have to do with the doom/success of the Wii U? Sony is high on the list even though they've recently released several unsuccessful products. This suggests there's no correlation between success and placement on this chart.

The PS3 is at its prime in terms of HW sales, so is it possible that the commercial failures of those SW products is unrelated to their index?

happydolphin said:
pezus said:
I doubt much of this is due to Wii U to be honest. Not many have it and they asked only about Nintendo in general. More likely that Wii, DS and 3DS are what brought it up. After all, Wii had great word of mouth "on the street". If WiiU's word of mouth was as good it would be seeing higher sales.

I'd doubt it's Wii, not even DS. They were barely a blip in the market this year.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_yoy.php?reg=Global&start_year=2006&end_year=2013&console=Wii

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_yoy.php?reg=Global&start_year=2006&end_year=2013&console=DS

For reference here's 2012

Dat pic should be in the OP.  Gives a better picture.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

happydolphin said:
Jay520 said:

The PS3 is at its prime in terms of HW sales, so is it possible that the commercial failures of those SW products is unrelated to their index?

Uh... no it's not.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:

Uh... no it's not.

Relatively speaking. It's not out of its peak yet, I'll get you a curve, 1 sec.

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_yoy.php?reg=USA&start_year=2006&end_year=2013&console=PS3

happydolphin said:
Jay520 said:

What about Vita? Move? 2012 First party titles? Sony televisions? Clearly this chart does a poor job at representing the success of the entire company. So there's no reason to suggest that Nintendo's high placement represents all of Nintendo:s products. It's possible that the 3DS is highly received and the Wii U is not, or vice-versa. You're going to have to rely on speculation to make assessments on specific products from a company using this chart.

Jay520 said:

What about Vita? Move? 2012 First party titles? Sony televisions? Clearly this chart does a poor job at representing the success of the entire company. So there's no reason to suggest that Nintendo's high placement represents all of Nintendo:s products. It's possible that the 3DS is highly received and the Wii U is not, or vice-versa. You're going to have to rely on speculation to make assessments on specific products from a company using this chart.

Not really, because you would expect a dissatisfaction in U to offset satisfaction in 3DS, and atm those are the only two that matter.

Also, the index for 2012 would show higher for 3DS if you were correct, yeah?

As for Sony I agree, it's too hard to tell, their product diversity is too vast.

Sony better than Microsoft!??!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!

And why on earth do people think this is positive? Nintendo fans are much too loyal. They are willing to wait six months to a year for a Nintendo game, and there's the problem. And then they wonder why they don't get much third party support? This is NOT looking good at all.