By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Michel Ancel and Rayman dev team protest Ubisoft's decision to delay Rayman Legends

happydolphin said:
kitler53 said:
i wouldn't be surprised if these guys all get pink slips from ubisoft for this stunt.

Michel Ancel is Rayman... That would be like firing Miyamoto for protesting against withholding the release of a mario game.

Except that without Miyamoto Nintendo games wouldn't sell. Not the same can be said about the Rayman Team and Michel Ancel, as Rayman Origins wasn't exactly a big seller.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Nice to see them doing something, rather than just letting the bosses bend them over.

Fuck the 360. Fuck the PS3. Give Wii U owners the damn game.

Good job with the f-bombs, Carl. Like you said, we need more of 'em. (At times. )

In a now-locked thread related to this subject, I said:

famousringo said:

Interesting. Goes to show the delay happened to protect sales of the software on PS3 and 360, and not because of any production problems. Does anybody out there still believe the big publishers don't have it in for Nintendo?

To which Rol replied:

RolStoppable said:

Sure, plenty of people still believe that the big publishers always make logical decisions when it comes to Nintendo. And if they are confronted with instances of blatant stupidity or spitefulness on the publisher's part, they can always fall back on: "They are businessmen, we are not. They know better than us. There is no bias against Nintendo."

And so now I respond, awkwardly, in this unlocked thread:

The conclusion is simple. Killing Nintendo must be good for business.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Did someone quote me in this thread? Odd... I don't see anything. :o

famousringo said:

famousringo said:

Interesting. Goes to show the delay happened to protect sales of the software on PS3 and 360, and not because of any production problems. Does anybody out there still believe the big publishers don't have it in for Nintendo?

To which Rol replied:

RolStoppable said:

Sure, plenty of people still believe that the big publishers always make logical decisions when it comes to Nintendo. And if they are confronted with instances of blatant stupidity or spitefulness on the publisher's part, they can always fall back on: "They are businessmen, we are not. They know better than us. There is no bias against Nintendo."

Yeah sorry about that. Somehow the thread went on for 17 hours before any of us noticed it. Feel kinda bad.

Around the Network
famousringo said:

famousringo said:

To which Rol replied:

RolStoppable said:

"It's simple. We kill the Batman."

As I said in the locked thread:

Something gotta give and it couldn't have happened in the worst time! XD

I'm happy they're doing this, but at the same time, I hope it doesn't cost them an arm and a leg!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Eh I'm still gonna rent it, not buy it.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

bananaking21 said:
RafaelOrix said:
bananaking21 said:
RafaelOrix said:
I think Ubisoft decision was a massive let down (and I don't even care for Rayman or WiiU), but it was disrespectful towards WiiU owners and the gaming community.

games get delayed all the time, no biggie. but it was disrespectful towards the devs, who apperantly worked overtime for months to get this done, only to find out that the time they spent away from their families was all for nothing since they apperantly could have extra time to work on the game

But delaying it in a matter of a couple of weeks so it can be released along other versions was very disrespectful towards WiiU owners that were waiting for this game. They could have just released it for the WiiU and release later on other platforms since the WiiU version is already done.

well there are two reasons i can think of that wont make that happen

1- Marketing, why spend money on two marketing campaign's and on two releases? just have one simultaneous release to save money and make better profit. also if they release it now on WiiU there will be less hype and anticipation for it for the ps360 release since its been already released on the wiiu months ago.

2- microsoft apperantly has a rule for releasing games on xbox, that if a game is to be released on xbox it has to be released at the same time as other versions. so ubisoft had to delay the game to meet that rule. (this one is more likely to be the reason, IMO)

I agree with point 2, however what I find funny is this is the kind of thing that pissed of 3rd party in the SNES days.

Point 1 is bogus because I have NEVER seen advertisting on tv for 3rd party Nintendo games. Even when COD MW3 was advertised the Wii version wasn't mentioned in the commercial, it was only avaiabale on XBOX360 and PS3 lol. However this could be just in Australia, but I am sure it is much wider spread and you always see Nintendo people saying the game sold like crap because of no advertising, assuming the game was good.

This whole situation further illustrates my point that Nintendo needs to forget about third parties altogether and focus on second party games, as well as buying out studios (think Geist, Eternal Darkness, X, Last Story, Xenoblade, Retro games, etc). I was going to make a topic before this Rayman situation happened too. Dammit, I would have looked brilliant! But yeah, I think it's clear at this point that third parties don't care about Nintendo or its fans, so Nintendo should return the favor by shutting them out competely. Look at how they treated the Wii and its consumers, a console that was sold out for like 3 years and was a sales phenomenon. Things are never going to get better as long as Sony and MS are making gaming consoles, as it is far easier to sell your game on platforms with 1st party software that isn't as popular.

But I digress.. I will still buy this game, but I will wait until it hits $10 in the bargain bin. I can't reward Ubisoft with 60 of my hard earned dollars after their actions, yet at the same time the devs don't deserve to have their game boycotted simply because the higher ups decided to destroy their company's image.