By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Michel Ancel and Rayman dev team protest Ubisoft's decision to delay Rayman Legends

Rayman creator and highly-respected game designer Michel Ancel has appeared alongside members of the Rayman Legends development team in a series of photos protesting the game's delay by company bosses.

Ubisoft last week controversially delayed the game's Wii U release until September. The game had been finished, the delay was simply to release the title simultaneously with the new PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions.

Ancel and his team appeared holding a banner baring the words: "Sortez nous Rayman. Soutient a Ubi Montpellier."

"Release Rayman. Support Ubisoft Montpelier." (Thanks Eurogamer.fr for the translation).

Rayman's crying face is seen in the middle of the poster.

A speech bubble emanates from his mouth. It simply says "SVP" - "please".

The background of the poster includes crowds holding banners that read "Wii U", "Rayman", "Michel Ancel" and "28/02/13", the game's intended release date before the delay.

An un-named ex-developer spoke out earlier this week, describing the news as having been "hell" to hear after months of hard work to finish the game.

source :

Around the Network

i wouldn't be surprised if these guys all get pink slips from ubisoft for this stunt.

Mang Ubisoft really fking this up.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Viva la rayvolución!

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

it's all a lie! they just want us to feel sorry for them so we don't boycott the game!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
i wouldn't be surprised if these guys all get pink slips from ubisoft for this stunt.

Or it could be a PR stunt. It makes the developers appear to be the "good" guys who are on the side of those who are outraged by the delay.

kitler53 said:

That probably wouldn't be in Ubisoft's best interest since it would create a bigger PR-disaster than delaying the game did

Arcturus said:
kitler53 said:

Or it could be a PR stunt. It makes the developers appear to be the "good" guys who are on the side of those who are outraged by the delay.

These guys are not the reason for the delay.

Stop hating and start playing.

Nice to see them doing something, rather than just letting the bosses bend them over.

Fuck the 360. Fuck the PS3. Give Wii U owners the damn game.

BuckStud said:
Arcturus said:
kitler53 said:

These guys are not the reason for the delay.

Right. What's your point?