By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ‘Dragon Quest X’ sales below expectations- Since when? I thought it was doing well?

Carl2291 said:
Hardly surprising, releasing on a dead console way too late.

Should have been a multiplat. PSP, 3DS or PS3 would have been great for it. That said, the Wii U version may do alright. Wouldnt be surprised to see that tank either though.

Has a main-line DQ ever been Multi-Plat?

Around the Network
Wagram said:

That's still an incredibly ignorant statement though. You're implying no one wanted it at all. When over the years hundreds of thousands of people have played their MMOs.

Not nearly as many people as who would've gone out to get the game if it was just an RPG. It's not an ignorant statement as I do know that some people want the game. I think you toke it to literally.

happydolphin said:
outlawauron said:
Didn't help that the game released on the most unfriendly online platform out there. I'm sure it'll make them money in the end, but there's not a whole lot of positive momentum behind this one. The items BaldrSkies posted are just more items to think that the game has a real negative perception right now.

Explain unfriendly online platform. As far as I understood it, it was up to the devs to make it as good as they wanted. I.e. it was in how powerful the servers were and in/outgoing connection was.

Just the difference between how the online capabilities of each console and the ease of the intregration there. While I'm operating on assumptions, there are factors built into Live and PSN that make it an easier experience for the player. Doesn't matter how robust the system that a developer makes if the frame isn't there.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Just the difference between how the online capabilities of each console and the ease of the intregration there. While I'm operating on assumptions, there are factors built into Live and PSN that make it an easier experience for the player. Doesn't matter how robust the system that a developer makes if the frame isn't there.

You mean like inviting friends to a game, or player to player messaging and such?

As far as I know this could all be implemented in the game, much like FFXI had it, much like WoW has it. Wii also supports the keyboard.

I wonder which series SuckEnix will ruin next? Maybe Star Ocean Online or Chrono Trigger Online?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
I know I won't be buying this. MMORPG's is not what I want, I just want RPG's period. (There's you reason SE, no one wants your MMO's, just like no one wanted that on FF MMO.)

FF11 was a huge hit

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
NintendoPie said:
I know I won't be buying this. MMORPG's is not what I want, I just want RPG's period. (There's you reason SE, no one wants your MMO's, just like no one wanted that on FF MMO.)

FF11 was a huge hit

?

I'm talking about Final Fantasy XIV.

NintendoPie said:
leatherhat said:
NintendoPie said:

FF11 was a huge hit

?

FF11 was an mmo, so clearly people wanted a SE mmo. They just haven't been able to capture the magic since then.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

NintendoPie said:
leatherhat said:
NintendoPie said:

FF11 was a huge hit

?

Wow man... think a little.

leatherhat said:

FF11 was an mmo, so clearly people wanted a SE mmo. They just haven't been able to capture the magic since then.

It still didn't sell as good as other FF's. I was talking about unit sales, but yeah, for an MMO it did good.